The Grand National...................any one having a bet?

by vitty 2 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Is anyone putting a bet on today?

For all of you who may not know this is Britains biggest horse racing day

I actually know a JW who is going ..................I dont know if you can get into trouble for just going and not putting a bet on.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

They are endorsing gambling and could stumble a new one. Dob them in vitty! lol

I am watching the grand prix because I understand it better. I don;t know enough about the horses or the riders to make an intelligent bet. I could make a random gamble but I've just put my budget for gambling this weekend on the grand prix!

Whats your racing tip? I saw someone using a budgie to pick the winning horses out of the newspaper this morning when I got up on GMTV. I had to switch over!

• fifi40
    fifi40

Strange but true...............my dad was a national hunt jockey and rode 5 times in the national, fifth being his closest finish, then a trainer, then a JW, gave up training because he became a JW but when back to it in the 70's and continued being a race horse trainer and JW. He attended most meetings as a JW but was never given any privlege's and remain a baptised publisher up until his death in 88. He ceased training a couple of years before this because he had motor neurone disease. He never gambled whilst training which is I think how it got away with being both. So I was raised in the horse racing world and as a JW, interesting combination and I loved the horse raising bit and got bored with the meetings.

I have backed Mckelvey for this afternoon.

Good luck with your selections

Fifi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit