Getting U.N. scandal to the press

by detective 8 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

Has anyone attempted to contact the press about the United Nations scandal? As I've mentioned on an earlier thread, I am not in a position to notify the press myself but would like to contribute some information for those of you who might be interested in contacting the press. Here are some press sources for the Boston area:

The Boston Globe:

[email protected]

"news tip from extranet" should be your email header.

For the Boston Herald:

Tips or comments call
    (617) 619-6789

The Christian Science Monitor:

The newsroom address and phone number:
    The Christian Science Monitor
    1 Norway Street
    Boston, MA 02115
    To send a letter to the editor, email [email protected] <mailto: [email protected]>.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    International Headquarters
    50 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, N.Y. 10020
    MAIN NUMBER
    212-621-1500

Also, cult expert Steve Hassan might be interested in this scoop too:
    to contact him email:

[email protected]

with a brief synopsis and the link to the article.

• comment
    comment

The Associated Press may be coming out with something on this in the near future.

comment

• detective
    detective

Really?!?

Now, that would be a coup!! That's one way to get the word out! Thank you!

• detective
    detective

Comment, did you contact the associated press or was it someone you know? Did they seem interested? Has anyone else contacted the press?

• detective
    detective

Bttt.

I'm very interested in finding out if anyone has contacted the press on this issue? Can anyone confirm that this has been done or is anyone planning on doing this? In light of the Guardian article, now might be a good time to check in with each other to see what efforts are being done to bring this issue further into the public eye. I can't imagine the U.N. would be interested in publicizing this because it doesn't reflect well on them. Certainly, the tower wouldn't want it out. I seem to remember someone mentioning something about the press but I didn't hear anything further on the matter. Anybody got any news on whether this will hit the news?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Someof the 'forces' behind the UN story in relation to this board aren't available today for various reasons. I think we will hear more tomorrow if we just give them a chance to get to their computers.

Anxiously awaiting, my own self (HeeHee).

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• gumby
    gumby

I just sent the "hyperlink" to the "Boston Globe on the article.
    Here is what I sent:

Subj: Jehovah's witnesses as members of the UNITED NATIONS scandle
    Date: 10/08/2001 8:32:32 PM !!!First Boot!!!
    To: [email protected]

TO THE EDITOR:
    Please see the hyperlink to this story. I feel you would want to print this. Guardian Unlimited | The Guardian | Jehovah's Witnesses link to UN queried

• detective
    detective

Hi,
    I am willing to draw up a make-shift press release to distribute to newspapers in my area. What I would need is people who are well-versed in this topic who would be willing to act as contacts should the press be interested.

Are there people willing to be available to do this?

I don't want to jump the gun if people already have this in the works, but if they do not I'd like to see this information be made available to the press.

• detective
    detective

I need...

the phone number for the best person to contact at Brooklyn Bethel

At least two contact names (and emails) from people who are familiar with this issue and would be willing to provide information/reaction to the press.

Sorry to keep pestering people but a response from anyone willing to be a contact would be helpful.

thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit