Religious belief systems can be deadly

by Mindchild 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Even though the current propaganda from the White House paints the war in Afghanistan as only the world united against terrorism (not a war against religious beliefs) the war is in fact being waged against those individuals intimately associated with deleterious belief systems.

It should come as no surprise to anyone after the terrorist attacks last month that some extreme forms of religion can kill you or make people want to kill you. Sadly, even less fundamental and peaceful forms of religious belief systems can be just as deadly.

I can never forgot or forgive the religious meme propagated by the Witnesses that caused thousands of people to die from refusing blood transfusions or the deaths of many individuals who commit suicide because of the intolerable situation they find themselves in when their weltanschauung (comprehensive view of reality) collapses. It took me years to recover from the damaging effects of this deleterious mind virus and I consider myself lucky to make such a significant recovery. However, the JW ideologies are not the only form of mental delusion that causes harmful effects on the population at large. You may find this link informative that talks about how religion in general can increase your risk of dying.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s344391.htm

Cheers to all of you recovering from your interaction with the Borg

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit