Speaking of tattoos, anybody remember the Awake "experience"...

by AlmostAtheist 5 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

With all the tattoo threads, I'm reminded of an Awake lifestory. This guy was all worldy with his druggy friends and his military background, and of course his huge tattoos on his forearms. The article mentions that after his baptism, he poured boiling water on his arms to destroy the tattoos. Even as a JW, I thought, "How can they print that?" Some idiot JW with tattoos probably took this article as a hint from the "slave" and boiled his own tattoos.

It still makes me shudder to think about it. What an irresponsible thing to print! They didn't even put the ol' "* Awake does not recommend any tattoo removal methods" disclaimer anywhere.

Dave

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    They didn't even put the ol' "* Awake does not recommend any tattoo removal methods" disclaimer anywhere.

but, some names in this article have been changed.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'd have to walk next door and ask someone in the tattoo shop, but I don't think boiling water will damage skin down to the level that the ink sits.

Nope. No it won't.

There you have it folks.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

g722/8p.29WatchingtheWorld***

Tattoo

Remover

?

A simple method for removing an unwanted tattoo has been developed by Dr. F. W. Crittenden, Jr., a U.S. Navy dermatologist. He rubs the tattoo with salt. Using sterile gauze pads that are moistened and dipped in salt, he rubs the tattoo until the skin bleeds. The surface skin is thus removed, and the oozing fluids carry away the pigments in the tattoo. The wound is dressed and a scab forms over the wound. When the scab falls off, a picture of the tattoo can be seen in the scab.

• sinis
    sinis

Rubbing salt!!! Jesus Christ!!!!

Most tattoo artists use an electrically powered, vertical, vibrating instrument to inject the tattoo pigment. The instrument injects pigment at 50 to 30,000 times per minute into the second layer of skin, at a depth of 1/64 to 1/16 of an inch. A single needle outlines the tattoo and the design is then filled in with five to seven needles in a needle bar.

*** g72 2/8 p. 29 Watching the World ***

Tattoo Remover

?

A simple method for removing an unwanted tattoo has been developed by Dr. F. W. Crittenden, Jr., a U.S. Navy dermatologist. He rubs the tattoo with salt. Using sterile gauze pads that are moistened and dipped in salt, he rubs the tattoo until the skin bleeds. The surface skin is thus removed, and the oozing fluids carry away the pigments in the tattoo. The wound is dressed and a scab forms over the wound. When the scab falls off, a picture of the tattoo can be seen in the scab.

So you would have remove the first 1/16 inch of skin off!!! WTF!!! Sick bastards! How about just leaving them?

• RunawayBunny97
    RunawayBunny97

My grandmother came to me carrying that stupid article. Told me she would pay me $100 if I would sand my tattoos off with salt...stupid me I actually did it. The scars it left are far worse than the actual tattoos were (not to mention how bad it hurt). But in jw-land scars are preferable to those demonic tattoos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit