Does anyone know about....

by lydia 4 Replies latest jw friends

• lydia
    lydia

Okay, I've seen lots of posts with references to this subject, but does anyone know of the percentage of child molsetations, or incest that occurs as an average in the Dub org??
    I'm trying to get a handle as to how big of a problem?or how common a problem, this is for the children who have been raised in this enviroment.
    Anyone who can help me to understand - Thanks in advance!!
    Lydia

• blondie
    blondie

I would guess outside the headquarters of the WTS itself, the one with the best stats might be silentlambs.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It is not uncommon when the subject of child molestation is discussed with a Dub that they will offer a comment to the effect that "these things happen in other religions too, you know."

Since they are unwilling to see themselves as "separate from the world" in regard to deviant behavior, it is probably safe to assume that the rate of child molestation inside the WTS is about the same as it is outside the WTS.

There certainly is NO reason toe expect the percentage of child molestations or incest to be lower than in the general population, given the WTS' willingness to protect offenders.

If, on the other hand, you were to ask a Dub about how many Dubs were smokers, you would get a firm assertion to the effect that "Witnesses of Jehovah do NOT smoke", and it is likely that the percentage of smokers in the WTS is much less than in the general population.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I have to agree, that it is probably not more or less per capita from within the org as opposed to outside of it. What is at issue is, the archaic way of dealing with it, which is protective of the offender. They have only changed minutely to bow to public opinion. Growing up when I, and others did, this was NOT the case. The offender, in the interest of protecting the org. was protected at all costs. They were highly discouraged from reporting to authorities, or revealing it in a manner even within the org in order to protect the children of congregations. I remember when the Catholic Church was taking her licks on this issue (deservedly so), and the WTBTS ravaged her publicly via it's magazines. They used this issue as a clear indication that the Catholic Church was not God's organization (*duh, alert the media) so, by their same standards of judgement, they must NOT have god's favor. Why is it always so different for the witnesses than for the churches in their eyes? Absurd.
    Pax,
    Bridgette

"Believing is easier than thinking. Hence so many more believers than thinkers." --Bruce Calvert

• lydia
    lydia

Bridgette,
    Funny..I had forgotten about the lashing they did to the Catholic Church! my question is also to find others who have had to deal with this issue.. Thankyou Blondie...I had never looked into that site..but I will be looking now too.

I guess if they represented this to the outside world - they would have to admit they were the same as the Catholic Church..no a messanger of God huh??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit