My roommates memorial experience

by oppgirl63 3 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

As most of you know from my previous posts, I'm a 43 y/o lesbian with a JW roommate. Well, last week I got a hair cut and I'm looking more boyish than usual right now until it grows back out some. Any way...I drop my roommate off at the KH (she can't drive because of epilepsy) and this young boy is opening the door for everyone. He's problably about 6 or 7 yrs old. I drive up to the door and let her out and start to back up and leave. My roommate said that when she got to the door the little boy asked her "Isn't your husband coming with you?" . My roommate leaned over and said "Honey, that's a woman." She said his eyes got so big. I laughed about it all the way home.

• carla
    carla

How do the elders allow her to live with you? don't they give her a hard time?

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Not really....since she has epilepsy and really needs to live with someone, they don't give her much of a hard time about it. At least they haven't so far. I take her to every meeting without complaint.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

That is really cute! It's kind of funny that that was likely the highlight of her night!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit