? where were all the "jehovah's witnesses" before 1887?

by ?me? 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ?me?
    ?me?

i have always wondered what happened to "the truth" or jehovah's true followers from the time at the end of the bible until ct russsell and jf rutherford came on the scene? were there "jw's" in columbus' time? george washington's time? lincoln's time? during the war of the roses?

who were they, and how could they serve jehovah WITHOUT AN ORGANIZATION? (heaven forbid!!).

also with such pagan beliefs and practices (ie:christmas, smoking, etc) how could any of the early century witnesses ever find jehovah's favor, or do they get a pass because that was "the current belief"?

one more thing, with the current emphasis on the elder arrangement and their sheperding of the flock, how did anything get done before that arrangement? (sarcasm)

me

• golf2
    golf2

The name came into being in 1931 ! Others will comment.

Golf

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The lame Jehovah's Witness reply is that Jehovah knows who are his own.

They have to remain anonymous. All the ones the W.T. Society has offered as candidates never claimed to be Jehovah's Witnesses and did not believe what Jehovah's Witnesses believe today. Besides, if they lived today would they claim themselves as JW's? Just because the Watchtower says so doesn't make it so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit