Anyone else refuse(ing) to go to the memorial?

by Dune 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

I'm pretty sure that If i went today, it would give me yet another 6 months of peace at home. But...I simply refuse to go to anymore witness events. I talked to an ex-witness friend and she told me that even though she's DF'ed and doesnt believe in the religion, the 'event' is only 45 minutes and doesnt see why I shouldnt go. I was wondering if anyone else has taken the same stance this year or before?

• dawg
    dawg

YOu should NOT go since it will show support for their foolishness and make them think they have the truth.. they MUST be opposed.

• troubled mind
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was prepared to go tonight if my husband asked me , only to support him though . As luck would have it he decided to go to his club meeting instead . I am so relieved . If we would have gone it would have only given the impression we still think it is the truth and they would no doubt invite us to the special talk . Now I think they all have it loud and clear ...we don't care anymore.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I refuse.

Yes, it will make certain family relationships strained. But I can't do it. I was taught by the Jehovah's Witnesses not to be a hypocrite. I was actually at one time in my life disfellowshipped for lying. So it would be a disfellowshipping offense for me to go.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

It was my wife's first time to not go and she tould her mother today and man was she pissed!!

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

My daughter and I went to the memorial. Before we went we gone to the mall and she picked out a good looking outfit. She was 15 at the time. At the end of the meeting I was reprimanded about how she dresses. (What a bunch of dirty minded men) That was the last time we ever walk into that "kingdom hall" again. I love that buzz word "kingdom".that was 11 years ago. Yes 11 wonderful years of no gossip and back biting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit