Jehovah Is Burning All the Sinners!

by Bstndance 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Oy vey! My commute is gonna suck tonight. Have a great weekend

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

What was going on in that pic bstdance? Was there some kind of fire? How was your commute?

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

The hill with the Hollywood sign had a wildfire yesterday. I guess two teenagers playing with fire combined with the dry weather started a blaze. No one got hurt and the backside of that hill is pretty empty so no structures were damaged. But it looked really cool. My commute wasn't as bad as I thought. They had some of the freeway and the Caheunga Pass (the area between Hollywood and the Valley) closed but I guess since it started early enough (1pm) people avoided the area.
    My Mom probably saw the pictures on the news and said "Jehovah is burning all the sinners!"
    Here's another picture that looks really cool: I can't embed it using Mac Safari though :-(
    http://lang.dailynews.com/socal/gallery2/news/033107_dnfire/3.jpg

• Threestars
    Threestars

"MAYBE IT'S THE CLOUDS OF ARMAGEDDON!" That pic reminds me of what my Dad said the time in late 1974 when I pointed out a huge bank of storm clouds moving in from the west. He was SO anxious for the big A to start. I almost threw up in disgust. He had quit his job, maxed out all his credit cards, and yanked my younger brothers and sisters out of high school to do yard work to support the family.

My Mom, who's inactive, still harps about "this-wicked-system-of-things-which-is-soon-to-be-destroyed" every time I watch the news with her. Good thing she didn't see that one.

• needproof
    needproof

I hope they put it out pretty quick!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit