Pope Paul the second

by Sasha 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

To become a SAINT. Seems a Nun, who had Parkinsons disease, prayed to the "dead" Pope and he cured her!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Do you mean John Paul 2nd?

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

The Catholic church needs to authenticate a miracle to make a dead person "a saint." There seems to be a rush to make Pope John Paul II one, perhaps, because of his popularity by Catholics and non-Catholics.

Of course, the whole procedure is questionable. Only God knows for sure. No human organization can make the presumption.

• robhic
    robhic

Don't knock it. Those saints work in some crazy ways! Why just the other day ...

• Sasha
    Sasha

yes, the dead Pope....

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Why are there so many morons in this world! I am watching a programme about the Pope being a saint now. I'm sure glad he fixed the nun and ignored the majority of the hordes at Lourdes.

• greendawn
    greendawn

In the Catholic Church many saints proved to be totally fictitious though their relics were sold in the tens of thousands to the rich for a price. In 1969 the then pope strack off from the register around 40 saints eg St Christopher, St Valentine, as mythical. Many other saints are clearly not so saintly.

• robhic
    robhic

I was raised catholic by a religious mother and accepting (poor guy) father. Now my mother, in turn, had a zealous, borderline crazy (she spent her time on the couch...) mother.

This woman was nuts about (literally and figuratively) the catholic saint, Saint Theresa of Avila. She had literal shrines in her home, a grotto-like deal in her back yard, bunches of books, pictures, holy cards, the whole 9 yards. I always thought it was sick.

Statues and paintings were everywhere (I swear the eyes were following me! ) and she had what is known as a first-class relic.

A 1st class relic is a big time relic. This one consisted of a pocket snuff can-size silver case that had, under glass, a small fragment of bone. HUMAN BONE! Yes it was creepy holding a container with part of a dead body in it!!!

But this was OK because it was none other than St. Theresa of Avila. Funny but that didn't make me feel any better... What a strange thing to show a small (I guess I was probably under 10) child. "Here son, come look at the dead person's bone fragment." ARGH!

Now this thing was highly valued, both religiously and monetarily. When grandmaw died (I fully expected to see her be carried away by that damn St. Theresa!) some in-family squabbles took place and the ole St. Theresa relic ended up being given to a local church. That solved the problem.

But nothing could guarantee me getting a major rise out of my mother (when I became old enough to outrun her) like saying the great St Theresa relic was probably a pork chop bone-fragment the monks (it had originally come from a monastery somewhere) had picked up after supper one evening and decided to make some $$$ off of. It also made me wonder what else did the monks have to make relics out of.

Man, she could run (My mother, not St. Theresa).

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Marie-Simon-Pierre-cp-082549.jpg

Popus Paul cured her, I'm sure

Dismembered

• needproof
    needproof

You mean the fish god pope?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit