Supplementary Meeting: Big Announcement

by Moxy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

are you ready, folks? here it is:

At the supplementary meeting following the annual meeting, it was announced that the Governing Body has decided to hold supplentary meetings following the annual meetings.

thats it! these are men who have run out of ideas!!

mox

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

That's it? That's all?

Expatbrit

• belbab
    belbab

WHAT?

I thought the meeting was to last for three hours? It took them three hours to announce that after the annual meeting they would rent a big stadium just to announce another meeting? Are you sure they didn't change their minds or just forgot where there minds are? Did today's events or the UN/NGO issue make them back pedal out of it.

I have been waiting all day for news of this event. I should have gone out and picked my apples.

Belbab

• Moxy
    Moxy

cant post more right now, but yes, that was it for new announcements. will post longer summary tomorrow.

mox

• cynicus
    cynicus
    At the supplementary meeting following the annual meeting, it was announced that the Governing Body has decided to hold supplentary meetings following the annual meetings.

Movietone newsflash ...

On the first supplementary meeting on the next annual meeting the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses shall announce that from now on any Jehovah's Witness that wish to remain in good standing shall use his toilet paper on both sides! ... Measurements have been effectuated at all Bethel houses worldwide since October 1, 2001. Worldwide follow up to start on October 2002 ... Further arrangements, including meetings explaining all details shall be arranged in all countries worldwide with Brooklyn representatives present for a keynote address. ... A new brochure explaining all details regarding the kind, colour and texture of GB-approved toilet papers is being translated into 138 languages at this moment. ... A video production consisting of 5 two-hour documentaries on the early history, the development and present day usage of toilet paper are being made in 74 countries right at this moment. The DVD release is being prepared as well and will contain full coverage, including multi-angle demonstration shots of all new regulations, as well as Dolby Surround (R) audio fragments of GB flatulence. ... Expect more exciting announcements in your Kingdom Ministry. Real soon now!

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Hä???
    Is that all?
    I can't believe that they rent stadiums, made hundereds or thousands spent time and money on a trip, limited the access to the event, involved everything in a big secrecy and then...

...!
    Was the meeting in the US only?
    What about Down Under?

• logical
    logical

What colour was the new songbook?

• logical
    logical
    The DVD release ... as well as Dolby Surround (R) audio fragments of GB flatulence. ...

Ah, the songbook is included on the DVD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit