It's Our daughter's B-Day & Mom gets Pious on us

by 30girl 8 Replies latest jw friends

• 30girl
    30girl

Okay, historically my mother has always called me and Jim and our kids on all of our B-Days - ALWAYS, we've been married 14 years and she's never forgotten and neither have my siblings, until this year. This year she has decided that she can no longer continue her tradition, it isn't right. This year she has decided to get religious on us. Gotta love the Witness mind. After 30 years of calling us now it's no longer acceptable. Must have been our "disfellowshipping" and our christmas tree. I expect she'll stop talking to us shortly. I think I need to go to the Memorial, sit next to her and Drink UP! Thanks for letting me vent.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Happy birthday to your daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is THEIR loss of some great people!

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe she could call the day before or the day after...........a typical JW subterfuge.

• anewme
    anewme

Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DAUGHTER!
    The wacktower is really putting the emotional squeeze on our family members. Many posters are complaining that emails have stopped, parents have stated they can no longer associate, sisters and brothers and aunts and uncles are withdrawing all contact. And all of a sudden.

It is so self serving at its core. They are willing to withdraw from us in order to save their precious asses if god really does decide to destroy the world.

1. They follow man made rules, laws and interpretations over the Bible.
    2. Their org is full of lying, cheating, molesting, gossip, envy, drunkeness, fornication and they deny it, saying that it is squeeky clean.
    3. They have created commandments that have changed over the years (blood policy and UN involvement, now the cutoff date of 1935 for the anointed)
    4. They silence members who differ in opinion from the gov body.The shunning practices are from the dark ages.
    5. All the money flows one way >>>>>>>>to the wacktower and not to charities.
    6. They require strict control over the lives of their members and their daily activities and habits.
    7. And from my experience their members are very narrow minded unforgiving selfish blinded self-righteous people who wish you dead if you dont join them and come under the control of the society with them.

• anewme
    anewme

(thanks for letting me vent too)

• carla
    carla

Maybe jw's should allow 'unbirthday's' like in Alice in Wonderland. I suppose that is too pagan or magical?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

HAPPY B-DAY TO YOUR DAUGHTER

Don't let it get to you, just make sure you and your hubby make her day special, that's what really counts!!

nj

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((((30girl & daughter))))) Happy B'day to your daughter, chere!

They will do what they will do. Don't let it get to yall. Just enjoy the day and freedom to enjoy the day and all the rest of your days, too!

Hugs,

Frannie

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

My elder father laid-out his 96-year-old pioneer mother when she went to have dinner with her sister on her sister's 100th birthday. No presents or anything - just dinner and sharing happy memories and letting her know she was loved. They haven't got a clue... I didn't, either, when I was in. Happy Birthday Wishes To Your Daughter!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit