Does this scare you?

by Mile 0 5 Replies latest social current

• Mile 0
    Mile 0

I've been hearing more and more talk from the Christian right on cable evangelical tv that I find particularly disturbing. I actually heard this evangelist suggest that a nuclear strike by Israel/U.S./Britain against an Arab/Muslim country would be a fulfillment of the Revelation prophecy about "the eyes rotting out of their sockets" etc. I guess I just don't like the idea of influential TV evangelists endorsing what would I would call the launching of WW3.

Do you think a pre-emptive strike against Iran would be seen by the Christian right as the beginning of the big "A", led by Israel with backing of U.S. and/or Britain, in fulfillment of Bible prophecy?

Mile 0

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What scares me is that there are people that actually think and believe that way and that they exist on the same planet as myself.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Christians that bomb Muslims are hypocrites. And vice versa.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Something in my gut tells me that Bush really wants to be a main player in his view of how armageddon will be played out. If we make it past 2008(when he's gone) without any large scale military conflict between two major countries, I will not only be shocked, but also relieved.

We need less religiously inclined political figureheads in power -- across the board.

• Gill
    Gill

I have a Born Again Minister neighbour, who also believes this way and is looking forward to an imminent Armageddon. He wants to move to Israel and be as close to Megiddo as possible!!! He also has two little children aged 3 and 7!!

He was telling me the other day that Revelation is a description of nuclear war and that the 'world' is already turning against Israel which will be a 'sign' for God to attack all those who do not support God's chosen people!!!!1

AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH! Shoot me now!!! I've actually been forced to find another way to get to school just to avoid listening to all of this every single day!!!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Que Sera.

If any prophecy in any book from any decade in human history has correctly predicted what is gonna happen, it's gonna happen just like the sun rising tommorrow or a tsunami somewheres. Spendin all your esteem worryin if is just suckin all your emotions into a black hole. If A does happen d'ya think he''l be more pleased with those who spend ages dwellin' and worryin' about it than he will with those fun happy full of life characters amongst us who don't give their neurons a hard time?

P.S.A letter to myself as much as anyone!

Difficult to get all this doomsday stuff outaya system when you don't love your reflection -which is another story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit