A lovely walk on the beach and my first picture-sharing with photobucket

by Madame Quixote 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Madame Quixote
  • kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I'm not seeing anything. I'll pretend though. I love walks on the beach! Kitten Whiskers

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Okay. There's a link now . . . arrgh! Maybe that will work?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Also, pictures of my chocolate Christmas mice.

• Mystla
    Mystla

Your Bucket is empty

Love the mice, though... tell us how you did that, they are so cute!!

Misty

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I love the christmas mice. Every year (well since I've celebrated) we all give my step-mother a Christmas mouse. Traditionally it has been a stuffed singing mouse but they are tough to find now. We have an entire shelf above the fireplace loaed with x-mas mice.

These will be perfect for next Christmas. Can you share how you make them? tho .... I will likely eat them all since I doubt she would be able to bring herself to eat one of the mice.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Here is the album link. It is fixed (finally). Sorry; I broke the links when I started organizing the pictures. I'm new to photobucket.

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/Joy2theworld_2007/Family%20Pictures/

The Christmas mice idea came from a client for whom I work. I discovered (chocolate) mice in her dining room at xmas that made me momentarily jump back!

I don't know exactly how she made hers, but I did copy it, using Hershey's Kisses for the heads and marachino cherries for the bodies. I used almond paste to "glue" them together, although the melted Ghiradelli chocolate might have worked without the almond paste. The paste made it easier to secure the cherries to the Kisses before coating the cherry ends in the melted chocolate. The ears are slivered almonds; eyes and noses are red and black dots of gel frosting (in the itsy-bitsy tubes).

Warning: Very, very time-consuming to make, although quite simple ingredients. I used semi-sweet Kisses and sem-sweet chocolates. Very yummy with the almond paste (or with marzipan).

• Mystla
    Mystla

Nice looking family! What a cute baby!

And thanks for the instructions, I am definatly going to have to try that!

Misty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit