JEZEBEL: Star of this week's Book Study!! (With post-game highlights)

by Open mind 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

Jezebel played the starring role in this week's CBS of the Revelation Book. I couldn't help but think of all you "strong willed" women on this site who dare to "step out of line". Yes, those are exact quotes plucked from this weeks lesson. Also, elders are to be watchful for "untheocratic attitudes" and nip them in the bud.

Mind Control? What mind control? I don't see no stinkin' mind control here. Just make sure you don't become "strong willed" and "step out of line" with an "untheocratic attitude".

Post game highlights at home:

GOOD NEWS: My mid-teens daughter says "I LIKE JEZEBEL. I THOUGHT SHE WAS COOL. SHE WAS A STRONG WOMAN"

My ear-to-ear smile rapidly faded as I saw the look on my wife's face, but I still got in a quick approving "wink" to my daughter.

My wife was quick to point out that Jezebel was "demonic" because she caused someone's murder. I was quick to agree on the murder part, but added that the lesson didn't actually mention murder as part of what the 1st century "Jezebels" were doing. I mentioned that a lot of JWs would come away with the idea that women shouldn't have strong opinions and need to be "kept in line". She begrudgingly agreed.

So, how do all you "strong willed" "out of line" Jezebel's think that went? Any suggestions while the subject's less than 24 hours old?

Open Mind

p.s. Some of you Jezebel's already ran ahead of the F&D slave by discussing Jezebel a week ahead of time on jgnat's thread entitled "144,000 pebbles". Please don't step "out of line" like that again or I'll have to report you to an "alert elder". I'm sure we've got some on this site who can put you in your proper place.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Why do I think of Blondie and Mary every time I hear that name? LOL!

I don't mean to slight any of you other Jezebels out there by not mentioning you by name.

And I don't care what anybody says, I'll never equate dear mouthy with a Jezebel. though she can get a little feisty at times. LOL!

Nvr

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I don't mean to slight any of you other Jezebels out there by not mentioning you by name.

Okay I'll try not to be then nvr!

Jezebel was my role model, at least until Tyra Banks and Miss J came along. She totally rocked with the fruit on her head scowling manically - I used to spend hours perfecting that look as a child, when I wasnt being Dinah/Cinderella and doing a come hither beckoning with my finger.

• juni
    juni

Ahhhhh Jezebel.

Don't you all know that we women cause the brothers to get erections??

They just can't keep their hands to themselves. We are like the Sirens of Greek mythology.

Juni

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Feeling saucy this afternoon JUNI!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

LMAO, Crumpet! We would have had a ball impersonating bible characters together.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

~Sue

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Happy Birthday Jezebel, I mean, Crumpet!

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I remember reading one of Tom Robbins' novels--I think it was Skinny Legs and All--that told the "other side" of the Jezebel story. It was a lot of fun.

She was one hard-headed woman who stuck to her guns. All she was really guilty of (at least according to some scholars) was continuing to worship her own gods and inviting interested Israelites to join her. Hmmm...why doesn't that surprise me?

Jankyn

• Honesty
    Honesty

After a ten year marriage to a 'Spiritually Strong' and 'Submissive' woman I'll take one with a 'JEZEBEL' influence anytime over one of those 'Theocratic' beetchis.

• under_believer
    under_believer

My wife, a faithful Witness, is Jezebel reborn. And as much hassle as that is, I wouldn't have it any other way. (Though don't ask me about it the next time we've gotten in a fight, you'll probably get a different answer.)

:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit