Working on social image

by Borgia 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Borgia
    Borgia

I got sent this link to this story from cleveland.

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=2714209&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

The guy did a normal thing anybody in his position would have done whatever the business for ringing a doorbel was. In itself it is a commmendable course of action.

It turned out to be a 5 minute invite for the memorial on april 2nd. This is not journalism. This is advertising....propaganda if you will.

Is that the way journalism is heading or is it just a slip of the pen?

On the upside of things:
    Cheer up JW's! You are becoming the worlds saviors with this door banging.

Reminds me of something my told me yesterday about the meeting: applying the histories of Jericho and Gideon to the preaching service:

The soldiers had to march around town. everyday 1x. last day 7x. Why? they were "hardened brave soldiers" who wanted to slice some heads. Is it not stupid for a such a soldier to go marching around town.

gideon sent home all those who were frightened. Then he sent home the ones who could not drink properly. (so much for civilisation) Leftover: 300 braves. Is it not stupid for those 300 braves to carry vases and torches, just standing there and slamming the vases?

Conclusion: So we never know what good it will do when we go out in the reaching service. We may not fully understand it but it will turn out good.

I am sure the braves in our cong will be delighted to see their teachings corroborated with such "fine" experiences. (barf)

Cheers

Borgia

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

It could have just as easily been a mailman!

nj

• Zico
    Zico

They do a heck of a lot of door-to-door work, so these experiences are bound to happen sometimes. When on Service with my Dad many years ago, we came across an old lady who had collapsed. Just a good coincidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit