Watchtower = Ezekiel and/or Jeremiah

by Mrs Smith 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Where and when did the Borg claim to be like Ezekiel, with the ability to prophecy? Is there a scan available of the publictation?

• M.J.
    M.J.

Not the ones you were probably thinking of, but here are a few I found:

*** w86 1/1 p. 19 Building for an Eternal Future ***

‘BuildingandPlanting’

Jehovah has commissioned the remaining anointed Christians on earth, just as he did the prophet Jeremiah, "to be over the nations and over the kingdoms, in order to uproot and to pull down and to destroy and to tear down, to build and to plant."

*** w82 10/1 p. 26 par. 7 Be as Men Who Are Facing Har–Magedon Unafraid ***

Jeremiah was to perform the part of a full-grown man, for what his God inspired him to write was to be of importance to all mankind, even today. A "prophet to the nations" is what Jehovah made him. (Jeremiah 1:5) Now today, if anything, there needs to be a "prophet to the nations," as patriotic self-willed nations are being inexorably gathered to an all-deciding showdown at Har–Magedon. Not that the God-given message of the modern "prophet to the nations" will be successful in turning them from a course that leads to their sure destruction, but there are human individuals involved. Such individuals without number, on being warned, would not want to perish with the nations of which they are citizens. If these can do anything about it, they do not want to be caught fighting against the Almighty God just in the interest of human self-government. In behalf of such right-hearted individuals Jehovah has considerately raised up his "prophet to the nations." Jehovah has done this during this "time of the end," since World War I ended on November 11, 1918.—Daniel 12:4.

In behalf of such individuals who at heart seek God’s rule instead of man’s rule, the "prophet" whom Jehovah has raised up has been, not an individual man as in the case of Jeremiah, but a class. The members of this class are, like the prophet-priest Jeremiah, wholly dedicated to Jehovah God through Christ and, by the begettal of Jehovah’s holy spirit, they have been made part of "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession." (1 Peter 2:9) At this late date there is a mere remnant of this "prophet" class yet on earth. The "war of the great day of God the Almighty" at Har–Magedon could not start before this composite "prophet" ends his work.

One thing is now certain: if the "prophet" class, the Jeremiah class, is facing Har–Magedon, it is also facing the fall of Babylon the Great.

*** w80 2/1 p. 18 par. 3 Modern-Day Bible Burning Fails of Its Purpose ***

Today the message that corresponds with what Jeremiah was told to write on the "roll of a book" proves to be just as unpopular. However, the purport of the message is not just to irritate people, to nag them, to plague them with calamity howling. Those Christians who today correspond with the prophet Jeremiah are not trying just to make a nuisance of themselves.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hope these will help some! I will look for some more later for you. Watchtower-1973-February-15-pp.126-127 Reports that will come pouring in from all parts of the world where Christendom now obtains will stamp as true that the modern Ezekiel class, the anointed remnant of Jehovah’s Christian witnesses, was a timely “portent” from the Sovereign Lord of the universe. http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4488691.jpg Watchtower-1976-April-1-p.223 In a similar way today, Jehovah’s Witnesses both of the Ezekiel class of anointed ones and of the “great crowd” are keeping themselves free from bloodguilt by their serving on the world stage as proclaimers of Jehovah’s “day of vengeance,” because of their preaching Jehovah’s warning message to earth’s inhabitants.—Isa. 61:1-3; Matt. 24:14. http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4491132.jpg Watchtower-1981-Feburary-1-p.21 What Jehovah said to Ezekiel back there is of interest to us today, for he pictured Jehovah’s anointed witnesses of today. http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4493187.jpg Watchtower-1983-December-15-pp.16-17 The modern-day Ezekiel of 1983 is a priestly class, belonging to spiritual Israel, to which the apostle Peter wrote the words found at 1 Peter 2:9: "But you are 'a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies' of the one that called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 5 Hence, we recognize the Ezekiel class of today to be made up of those who serve in a spiritual way as under-priests, under the High Priest, Jesus Christ, whom Jehovah God swore into the priesthood "according to the manner of Melchizedek," who was king of ancient Salem and "priest of the Most High God." http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4501387.jpg Watchtower-1983-December-15-pp.22-23 (Paragraph 8 continues on to next scan) 8 A forbidding situation like that was what faced the remnant of those Christians who had been begotten by God’s spirit to be his spiritual sons and who had been anointed with his spirit to be his appointed witnesses. They make up the 20th-century Ezekiel class. http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4503730.jpg http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4504393.jpg Watchtower-1991-March-15-p.11 14 But who is pictured by the prophet Ezekiel? From the facts of history, it is evident that the body of spirit-anointed Witnesses of Jehovah has been associated with the celestial chariot. Thus, Ezekiel well pictures the anointed remnant of Jehovah's Witnesses since 1919. http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4512539.jpg Watchtower-1991-March-15-p.14 3 Ezekiel resolutely carried out that commission, serving as a single instrument in the divine hand. Similarly, God now has a single organizational instrument in his control. The Ezekiel class, the anointed remnant, is at the forefront of the work of giving a final witness, with “a great crowd” of “other sheep” rallying around in support. http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4515235.jpg Nevada-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Out of their own mouth! "The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah" p.70.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I think that all of this "prophetic pontificating" really began to take root under the helm of J.F. Rutheford. It was Rutheford who really began to emphasize the Organization as playing a role as a modern-day prophet. This was the basis for Rutheford's relentless diatribes against religion, commerce, and anything else which fell outside the boundaries of the "Organization".

It's ironic that such "prophetically significant" publications by Rutheford are no longer in print by the Society. In fact, such publications are very difficult to find. It's interesting that such "earth shattering" prounouncements by the "Jeremiah Class" can only be found in the personal libraries of "apostates" or on E-bay.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's their way of getting some validity and credibility in the eyes of their followers and it's a theme that we see often being used, just about everything just about all good OT characters have two applications one of which goes to the WTS, it's pure manipulation and mind control.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Jeremiah Class!

Does the Watchtower claim to be commissioned to speak in Jehovah's name?

Nevada-

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Thanks everyone, I knew I could count on you.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    I think that all of this "prophetic pontificating" really began to take root under the helm of J.F. Rutheford.

I disagree. I think it took root under William Miller.

I think before Rutherford the aim of "prophetic pontificating" seemed more geared to unlocking a "hidden understanding" from the Bible, while by Rutherford's time the focus of such shifted more toward validating the existence and authority of their own breakaway group in the wake of Russell's death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit