friends ,relationships,

by foster2327 5 Replies latest social relationships

• foster2327
    foster2327

i was raised a witness when i was a young child ,i have not been a believer for a long time and never thought i would be intrested again,i've meet a beautiful person that is a witness who is trying to get out of a abusive marriage the've been apart for more than a year and a half,he was a witness but is not any more he use's there children against her for a lot of different reson's he curently has more than one girl friend but continue's to abuse my friend mentally and more

i've changed my life for the better in the last few years and am now considering becoming a witness again not only for me but for helping me keep my life on the right track,she has helped me realize alot of things in the last few months where i can improve my self,her oldest son resents me for being friends with his mother because i am not a curent member but this is because he is being couched by his father ,pretty sure it has nothing to do with me he dosn't really know me.with her son i'm pretty sure that no matter what i do his feeling will remain the same,does any one have any advise that might be able he help.my friend is at a breaking point with being pulled in so many directions i want to be able to help her but i dont know what to do

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    am now considering becoming a witness again not only for me but for helping me keep my life on the right track

Foster guy, WELCOME!

I recommend the following books 1st and formost...

http://www.amazon.com/Combatting-Cult-Mind-Control-Best-selling/dp/0892813113

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Conscience-Raymond-Franz/dp/0914675044

- wac (X Elder X Bethelite)

• Mystla
    Mystla

Only thing you can do is be there for her, she has to make her own decisions. Running back to the JW's won't solve anything, it will only confuse things further. If you are a JW.. you are no longer a safe harbor, you are a "brother" It puts you into an entirely different catagory.

Be her friend and a shoulder to cry on.. nothing more. I married the shoulder that carried me out of my abusive relationship, so I should know.

You made positive changes in your life, you can maintain them.. you don't need a committee of elders to keep you in line.

Misty

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

You can only rely on the Jdub org for one thing:

To make your life a living HELL!!!

Think very carefully before you go back, stick around and read some of the threads. If you decide to go back good luck, but my advise for you is to RUN, VERY FAST in the opposite direction. You have your life together, keep it that way.

nj

• BrentR
    BrentR

I will never ever understand the dynamics involved with going back. I can see taking your time getting out and maybe regretting how long it took. But to taste life out of the Borg and then go back can be nothing less then insane no matter how you look at it.

Please read as many post's here as possible and really think about it hard. I have been out for over twenty years and never once regretted it or even considered going back for even a momment. Everything in my life got better and I finaly found true happiness and contentment. There is something about being able to engage in life and blend in with society, no longer feeling like a brainwashed freak.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

You and your beautiful future significant other should take the kids and run, run, run, as far away from the strangling grip of the jehovah's witnesses as you can, so that you can have a beautiful life together.

the jws are a big, frigging CULT.

I was brought up in the JWs, too, and I know from both perspectives, The organization, the Society is a big friggin' cult; get out of it and stay out of it and give your future stepchild the greatest gift of all: freedom!

Being in the organization is a jail. only jails need watchtowers. get out and live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit