I gave my very first apostate witness today!

by Fleshybirdfodder 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I wasn't planning on it. I work reading meters for residential and business areas and see the Witlesses all the time but usually avoid them (I might whistle a kingdumb melody while walking by just to confuse them), and have never been accosted by them. Today two Witnesses street witnessing took me by surprise. One stopped me and pulled out a Watchower and went into the old schpiel, "have you ever wondered about (insert tragic world issue here...)?" I instantly told them I wasn't interested. I wasn't about to challenge them, just get on with my job, but she insisted, "well I know you are interested in this, and showed me the Awake! which had something to do with "the solution to health care problems!" or something generic like that. I figured if she couldn't respect my lack of interest, I could tell her what I thought.

I replied, "Actually, I'm not interested in a religion that has no moral qualms about 6 billion people dying from fire and sulphur and birds picking their fleshy parts (yeah, I had to throw that in ), at so-called Armaggedon simply because they don't completely believe ever-changing Society dogma." At this point she was nodding her head agreeing with me, the way they teach you at the Service Meeting to show you are paying attention to the householder's answer before you go into your premeditated response, but then I saw her expression change as she clued in and it gave me a wee bit of confidence (I was really nervous). I said, "I'm also not interested in a religion whose claim to divine inspiration is based on the erroneous belief that 607 B.C.E. was the date of Babylon's destruction, thus making the 1914 prophecy and your whole belief system fall like a house of cards. Thanks so much though, have a great day, and better luck with the next person." I gave them a big smile, a long pause ensued, and they left looking at eachother furrow-browed and confused.

I'm sure I spoke too fast, as I've rehearsed what I would say a million times if someone persisted. I was also nervous as hell. I'm kicking myself because I didn't go into the UN thing, the pedophile cover-ups etc, etc... but I was kind of proud that I actually was able to summon the courage to speak my mind. They aren't so great the giants they used to be.

FBF

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ya did great.

ps.. dibs on your house!

• BFD
    BFD

lol 6o9!

FBF - love your name, not so crazy about he pic, ewwww. I would love to have been there. I don't know how I'll react if I am ever confronted by a pushy JW. I have a mix of rage and pity in my heart. How does that combo of emotion manifest? I one day will learn to forgive but, I'm not ready yet.

You did great.

BFD

• johnny cip
  • johnny cip
    johnny cip

you did just great for your first time. and don't your feel great... your already wishing you pressed them harder. now the fear is over. you learned today they have nothing. you made them look stupid. gave them a taste of thier own medicine. don't worry you'll get a chance later in the week, to bring up the U.N. stuff. after a few months your local dub's will be scared of meter readers. just imagine. you exposing a group of jw's working one street they try to run to the safety of the next door to get away from you. but wait you have to read every meter on the block,. wow you witness them right off the block. oh how i could make this work. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit