I should have kicked him out...

by brunnhilde 6 Replies latest social relationships

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Back when I asked for advice about staying together for the kid/s, I should have listened and just gotten the divorce. I was just too effing spineless to do it though. Huge mistake. He still has no full-time job, I'm sleeping on the couch and he's already scouring the personals. A very good friend just basically told me I was taking the path of least resistance and while it was easier now, it was a huge mistake; that ultimately it would be easier on my son if we split now because he's younger and more resiliant. I guess I'm just sick at heart that I could lie so effectively to myself.

• BFD
    BFD

Sometimes when I find myself taking the easy way and I know I'm lying to myself about it, I ask myself, if not now, when?

BFD

Hope this helps a little.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((Brunnhilde)))) Don't beat yourself up, chere. Life does that to us enough without takin' a whack at ourselves. Besides, you're only halfway through your 30's, sweetie. A person's foresight doesn't ever get near as good as the hindsight does and the hindsight only increases as age and experience are tacked onto yer butt.

Also, it's not too late, chere. There are 50 ways (or more) to leave yer lubber.

Hugs,

Frannie

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Also, it's not too late, chere. There are 50 ways (or more) to leave yer lubber.

Frannie, I had to laugh because my mind said to me that this wounded like something my tummy might say to my inner thighs.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    this wounded like something my tummy might say to my inner thighs.

LOL, Sparky! Dat's blubber in dat case, eh? Not to cast any aspersions on ya, chere. I'm haulin' around my own ton o' wonder here. Guess it's all that age and experience tacked onta my butt.

• Mystla
    Mystla

The easiest person to fool is yourself. Don't beat yourself up over it, just realise you're human and everyone does this and move on. If you had left earlier you might have wondered what would have happen if.. now you know and can move on.

This is the hard part, making the desicion.. after that it's just letting the ball roll. There is a lot of life to live out there, don't let him keep you from it anymore!!

Misty

• Es
    Es

I was once in your situation, maybe not as bad as my ex had a job, but we split when my son was just about to turn one, and it was the best decision, my son was too young to remember us ever as a family and all he has known is that he spends half his time with his dad and half his time with me, its actually made him a very adaptable child who isnt afraid of change.

I know its hard ive been there, but in my situation anyway it was better to not stay just because we had a son together.

All the best pm me if you like

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit