Deception defined in new WTS publication

by blondie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

*** jd (Live With Jehovah's Day in Mind) chap. 9 p. 115 par. 9 Dealing With Others as God Desires ***

Or in an uncomfortable situation, we might be tempted to mention only selected details, editing them to color the facts. Hence, what we say might technically be true yet give a totally different impression. While this may not be flagrant lying, such as is common in the world today, is it really ‘speaking truth each one with his neighbor,’ or brother? (Ephesians 4:15, 25; 1 Timothy 4:1, 2) When a Christian phrases things in such a way that he inwardly knows is leading brothers to a wrong conclusion, to believe something that is really not true, not accurate, how do you think God feels?

***w93 1/15 p.5 ‘Caught Away to Meet the Lord’—How?***

The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom powerbegan in 1914

But in 1974:

*** w74 8/15 p.507 No Spiritual "Energy Crisis" for Discreet Ones***

Hence, when C. T. Russell began publishing a new religious magazine in July 1879, it was called "Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence." It was heralding Christ’s presence as having begun in 1874. This invisible presence was expected to continue until the Gentile Times ended in 1914, when the Gentile nations would be destroyed and the remnant of the "chaste virgin" class would be glorified with their Bridegroom in heaven by death and resurrection to live in the spirit. (1 Cor. 15:42-44) Thus would the "discreet virgin" class enter through the door into the wedding.
    In 1943 the Watch Tower Society’s book "TheTruthShallMakeYouFree" did away with the nonexistent extra 100 years in the period of the Judges and placed the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence in the 1970’s. It also fixed the beginning of Christ’s presence, not in 1874, but in 1914 C.E.

So from 1879 to 1943 the WTS DID NOT consistently teach that Christ's presence began in 1914.

Do you know of other examples of similar WT deceptions by leaving out some facts?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Blondie, I don't have my Proclaimer's book with me now, loaned it out. That is filled with spoon fed deceptions leaving out many of the real facts about their heritage / history. Maybe you can glean some of it from your copy. You work hard enough here, you don't have to do that, your "Comments series and other contributions are very well appreciated.

BluebladesFor the spring!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

If someone has a scan of that JD book, can they post it? -ithinkisee

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Scans are in the order listed above! (Credit goes to Blondie)Live With Jehovah's day In Mind http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs3600343.jpg Watchtower-1993-January-15-p.5 http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs360081.jpg Watchtower-1974-August-15-p.507 (See bottom left with small arrow) http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs3605126.jpg Nevada-

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Blondie

Apparently somebody realized this lying in w93 Jan. 15 p. 5, as in Finnish version of that article this word "consistently" is mistranslated. I believe it it deliberate, it is so gross and too obvious. The word they have used is "toistuvasti" i.e. "repeatedly".

We all know that this w93 "consistently" is lying, but how about covering this lie with deliberate mistranslation?

Markku

• blondie
    blondie

I always wondered if the JW translators took liberties with the meaning. Maybe he knew about the 1874 teaching until 1943 and "corrected" it through translation.

Consistently definitely does not mean "repeatedly" as a synonym in English.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

That was quick. Thanks!
    -ithinkisee

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    When a Christian phrases things in such a way that he inwardly knows is leading brothers to a wrong conclusion, to believe something that is really not true, not accurate, how do you think God feels?

I think he feels like smiting that Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit