WT 'Lulled to Sleep, Bound hand and foot by Satan?'

by NeonMadman 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

An interesting quotation from the WT of December 1, 1922, p. 374:

Succeeding in this, Satan would have such cast away much that the Lord has provided for his people and has brought forth upon his table through his wise and faith­ful steward. He would cause them to cast away "Tabernacle Shadows," the greater part of the studies in the SCRIPTURES, to disregard all the evidence of the second presence of the Lord, and to deny, of course, that Brother Russell filled the office of the wise and faithful steward; to disregard the evidence, Scriptural and otherwise, of the harvest time and the harvest work; to put aside all proof of the parallel dispensations and chronology, and hence to refrain from announcing the end of the world and the beginning of the reign of Christ. Succeeding in this, he would deprive such of the greater portion of the food which our Father has lovingly prepared for his saints to strengthen them in this hour of great conflict. Yielding to this influence of the adversary, soon such would be lulled to sleep while he binds them hand and foot.

(emphasis is mine)

Since the WT has long since abandoned "Tabernacle Shadows" and the Studies in the Scriptures, would the modern organization today not, according to their own teaching in this Watchtower, therefore be under the influence of Satan, lulled to sleep and bound hand and foot by him?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Good catch!

I wonder how "Questions from Readers" would respond to such a question!

• Gill
    Gill

I wonder how "Questions from Readers" would respond to such a question! - Elsewhere!!!!

• Perry
    Perry

It's like asking insane people if they hear voices. They answer of course we do, we're the ones who are crazy.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

NeonMadman

You are correct. I think that the Society still held to the 1874 date for Christ's "second presence" in 1922. And it's apparent that the Watchtower was still promoting the idea that Russell was that "wise and faithful steward." All of this was stated under the leadership of Rutherford. As noted in the reference anyone ignoring or "putting aside" this "proof" would be yeilding to Satan.

Rutherford must have "yeiled" since he discarded both teachings.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

NMM

Good one! Alot there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit