Is there a scriptural basis for....

by Leander 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Leander
    Leander

having an earthly organization?

It seems whenever you talk to someone about mistakes or failed prophecies that the society has made they always ask the question where else are you going to go?

While I agree there has been a lot of good things the Society has done I still don't understand why many choose to ignore the fact that by the society making numerous failed predictions they fulfill the scripture at Luke 21:8. Then theres also the scripture at Deut. 18:20-22. Both of these scriptures speak about false predictions and prophecies.

Also does anyone know are there any other organizations that have made numerous predictions?

Are there any religions that change their doctrines when they learn they have made a mistake?

Finally do any other religious groups use the name Jehovah?

• Leander
    Leander

Does anyone know if the Society is teaching any false doctrines?

Right now I'm doing a lot of research to find out if everything that they teach is truly from the bible.

In particular the topics I'll be researching are:

Blood

Preaching (I'm really interested in how they come up with a particular number of hours that every loyal servant of God is supposed to be making)

The Wild Beast in Revelations (I'm looking to find out if there is a particular scripture that condemns those who associate or mingle with the Wild Beast (Unite Nations))

Trinity (is this really a false doctrine)

144,000 and the great crowd (I'd like to find out if the teachings on these things are really correct)

If anyone has any information on these things that are contrary to what the society is teaching please let me know.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Leander,

You should spend some time researching here: http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/doctrine.htm

I think you'll find a lot of the answers you are looking for.

Also, here's a link to a great article written by Tom Cabeen (former member of the headquarters staff in Brooklyn bethel) called "Does God Work Through An Organization?": http://www.disfellowshipped.com/does_god.htm

By the way, I attend a Baptist church, and we (including the senior pastor) use the names "Jehovah" and "Yahweh" often.

TS,

• barry
    barry

Im a SDA and many of the doctrinal points have been researched already. Traditional SDAism is similar to the JWs in some doctrines and the SDA church is having problems between the Traditionalists and the Evangelicals who reject those doctrines. You might like to start with Good News Unlimited. http://www.goodnewsunlimited.org.au/gnu-sda4.htm The title is gods final word. Also you can find out on this site, is the year day principle valid, what is the true church, historicism. When I studied with the JW I found the same errors in both churches. The Administrators agree with the traditionalists while the theologins agree with the evangelicals for the most part. Best of luck

• logical
    logical

Compare the JW's situation with the Israelites situation in Exodus 32. The golden calf being the Watchtower.

"Make for us a god who wil go ahead of us, because as regards this Moses, the man who led us up out of the land of Egypt, we certianly do not know what happened to him" - substitute Christ for Moses, cos Christ did not return as the WT said he would.

Also compare Revelation 13:11-18.

Revelation 13 has been deliberately and totally misinterpreted by the WTS so as to cover up who they really are.

If they taught that the first beast with 10 horns and 7 heads represented RELIGIONS, the head recieving the death stroke being JUDAISM, then people would see that they fit the role of the second beast, forcing worship of the IMAGE OF JUDAISM.

Rev 13 is not political at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit