dealing with it

by logic 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• logic
    logic

I AM 60 YEARS OLD. BORN AND RAISED IN THE TRUTH. NEVER SO CALLED STRONG IN THE TRUTH. ALWAYS HAD QUESTIONS ON H0W SOCIETY CAME UP WITH SUCH SILLY THINGS. SCRIPTURES NEVER SEEM TO MATCHUP. BUT UNTILL ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO JUST LET IT GO IN ONE EAR AND OUT THE OTHER. AT THAT TIME WAS READING ABOUT THE GREAT PYRAMID WHEN I CAME ACROSS THE STATEMENT ABOUT RUSSELL. THAT STARTED ME ON A WHOLE NEW HOBBY, INTENSIVE RESEARCH ON EVERYTHING I HAD BEEN TOLD BY THE SOCIETY. MY CONCLUSIONS IN A NUT SHELL.......EVERYTHING THE SOCIEY HAS BEEN RIGHT ABOUT THEY GOT FROM SOMEONE ELSE LONG AGO, EVERYTHING THEY ARE WRONG ABOUT THEY CAME UP WITH ON THIER OWN. I STILL GO WITH MY WIFE TO THE MEETINGS BUT I READ THE BIBLE , HAVE BEEN FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS FROM A KJB LARGE BIBLE THAT NO ONE HAS EVER EVEN NOTICED. THIS HAS ALLOWED ME TO HAVE COVERED THE BIBLE SEVERAL TIMES . REVELATION DOZENS OF TIMES. THAT IS HOW I HAVE DEALT WITH IT. THIS HAS BEEN A VERY LONG STORY MADE VERY SHORT.

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! It is nice when people find the real "truth". I am glad you have been able to find a way to "Deal with it". Best Wishes.

• ninja
    ninja

Hey Logic.....welcome to the board my friend...looking forward to hearing more from you.....ninja....from sunny scotland

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Welcome, logic!

It's nice to know the real truth about the "truth"!!!!

BA

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome! I'm sitting here trying to think what to put in that "right about" column. What are some examples of things they were right about?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome, that comment is so true that everything they formulated eventually proves to be wrong and is abandoned, the conclusion is that they are absolutely unreliable in correctly interpreting the Bible. It's something much worse than making errors due to human imperfection.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Garybus

I still think that the Watchtower was "right" about some of its doctrinal teachings. (Trinity, Hell and Soul) But many of these were "borrowed" from other religious groups. So, they are not exclusive to the Watchtower Society.

But it was far off the mark when it came to their prophetic interpretations. Once the wrong premise was accepted that Christ came in 1874 or 1914 invisibly in the heavens everything else was bound to be wrong. The leaders then seem to search the scriptures and take out those verses that seem to fit their peculiar views no matter how ridiculous the explanations.

• What-A-Coincidence
  • Pahpa
    Pahpa

logic

I smiled at your description of reading the Bible during meetings. This is exactly what I did during the last few meetings I attended. I would wait for the first Bible reference as an excuse to open the Bible and then continued reading through the entire meeting.

Welcome aboard! I hope we'll hear more from you. Pahpa

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome logic. I hope you are making plans to retire and live on a fixed income, now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit