Someone to be Accouintable To

by Satanus 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Growing up w a very demanding/strict/abusive father, and w the wt religion and the yhwh god, i always felt that i was accountable to those authority figures, 24/7. In my teen yrs, i had to leave home, so my accountabiblity to my father diminished. He was dffed a bit later on. He recently died, and so, that is totally gone. About ten yrs ago, my percieved responsibility to the wt dissappeared when i found out about it and was subsequently dffed. It took a few more yrs to realise that yhwh and the book claimed to have been authored by him was a crock.

Other than obeying the laws here in canada, i realised that i am accountable to noone. Whether i do or don't brush my teeth, noone gives a crap. What i do for work or what or how much i eat; hardly anyone cares. It's really about freedom, and getting used to it. It has taken me a decade to get used to it.

S

• bernadette
    bernadette
    Other than obeying the laws here in canada, i realised that i am accountable to noone.

remember talking to a witness just before I stopped going to meetings last year. We were talking about how many teenagers leave the organisation. She was saying they have to learn about respect for authority - and that's what the organisation teaches, no body else does. She said there would be anarchy without it.

Its only now that I realise that we do have and learn to respect legitimate authority - in the form of the laws of the land. that's all that's necessary.

We don't need to superimpose more rules and regulations upon existing ones - we are free. Couldn't see that as a witness.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bernadette

It's funny about jws. When i was one, i also thought that without the restraint of an invisible sky god watching us, that we could do anything, and all hell would break loose. People mostly want peaceful lives w nice suroundings. That leads to a reasonably good environment, even fot those who wake up to the fact that they have total freedom.

S

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

You are accountable to someone. You.

Kwin

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    It's funny about jws. When i was one, i also thought that without the restraint of an invisible sky god watching us, that we could do anything, and all hell would break loose. People mostly want peaceful lives w nice suroundings. That leads to a reasonably good environment, even fot those who wake up to the fact that they have total freedom.

True all that! Freedom is a beautiful thing to be surrendered to no one.

• DHL
    DHL
    Whether i do or don't brush my teeth, noone gives a crap.

I bet your dentist does!

But it's true, we are free. This freedom has a very special sweet taste after we were so unfree in the past. Funny thing is that we otherwise wouldn't be that aware of our freedom so we thank our awareness to the WTS in a way.

Debbie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Not feeling accountable to anyone is actually a very good thing. I dont think true altruism is possible without coming to the conclusion you have.

Cheers

• Undecided
    Undecided

YOU MUST NOT HAVE A WIFE.

Ken P.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Funny Ken-------But Oh So True!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ken:
    Ya beat me to it