God's Publishing house or not ?

by Handsome Dan 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Many of us that have been out and any from this organization can now stand back and derive a clear picture of why this organization started and the reason it started. It's of course first off

interesting to note the people who started things off such as C.T.Russell and his father J. Russell both were business minded professionals who both must have certainly known the assets of

advertising, they must have they owned 5 clothing stores. Reading some of his works he was really trying to sell himself as a living prophet guided by divine intervention and purpose. This

was probably a lot easer to sell and promote himself to this level, back a hundred years ago when the education of the population was not as high a standard as it is now. And too the clergy at

that time were much more powerful and respected by society in general not unlike today. Given that the organization had started in a country where freedom of religion was open for anyone

to establish oneself the door was wide open for a man or men to step up and place themselves on the seat of power as it were. Tower publishing was a company owned by Rusell and was

principally responsible for printing his ligature which helped his self promotion of him being a spiritual messenger. From day one the selling and pushing of the WTS. as god's personal religion

on earth, as us and only us was great marketing and still holds up to day although perhaps not as strongly as in the past. God's personal message is written in the WT and Awake magazine

so it must be sold and distributed remember it's god's will to do so. There was money to be made and power to obtained for the chosen few who wanted it and they wanted it indeed.

The bible after all is a vehicle of power for men the closer to god ( the greatest power of all ) the more you will have. In practical sense this why you have so many men all saying they are

the voice of god and speak on his behalf. the actual truth of the matter though can be quite different once a person stops and takes the time to analise things a little.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

I think like most early religious movements these things tend to evolve without a preplanned motive. From what I've read, Russell had not planned to create another religious organization. In fact, in his early writings he warned others against this tendency. It was only when his following grew and members began to ascribe special honors to him that his ego succumbed to the blandishments.

Ironically, it was his wife, Maria, who suggested that he was the "faithful and wise servant" of Jesus' parable. It seems clear that he had no objection to being linked with this special title. Later, she hinted that he might be the "evil servant" of the same illustration. But by then, Russell had a group of faithful members who supported him.

Rutherford, on the other hand, wrested the Watchtower Society from those men that Russell had appointed to carry on his work. His naked aggression and subsequent hard-line rule of the Society had all the ear marks of conspiracy and premeditation.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Thanks Pahpa good information............

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Yes you bet........... advertise with the intention to empower themselves .........what better way for a meager man to become a spiritual powerful human

• LanDi
    LanDi

Regretably I dont not have my bible as I sit in this internet cafe! But there is a scripture in the 'Christian scriptures' which states " We are not, as some are Pedlers of Gods word.". This is quite interesting, as we know the Jws have made a tidy profit form this venture and the power of dispensing Gods word, must be quite nice?? We are advised by our "Mother"/ "Gods wife" (surely blasphemous?) that we cannot read the Bible alone, for fear of apostasy. Yet the Bible itself, states the opposite (Mark chapter 9 I think) So, its pretty compelling. Gods wife is telling lies about him. Nice.

What kind of corruption and power mad idiocy, can make one proudly trumpet the claim that they are ' Gods Wife ?'

But then one has to ask, the Bible states that one should make disciples of all the nations, preach about Gods kingdom, so on and so forth. How many religions do that?

Maybe, are Jehovahs witnesses to be revealed as the Anti Christ. Lets face it, they've brought more shame on the name of Jehovah than can be imagined. Yet the last time I attended the hall, an Elder was on the platform asking for an extra 50 pounds(93 dollars) a week to refurbish the hall in eight years time to ' truly bring glory to the name of Jehovah.'

Yep, baffles one! I go for, "Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light." Corinthians I think. NOT gods publishing house,.

• anewme
    anewme

Good post Handsome Dan!

And good comments all!

My feelings exactly!

The absurdity and audacity to appoint oneself the title of "Faithful Slave" is beyond understanding by modest readers of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit