War on Iraq

by tan 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tan
    tan

I was listening to a radio program this morning regarding the war in Iraq and someone made the statement of: "how would you feel if you were Catholic and the government came and told you that you would need to convert to what the government believed." The radio personality relayed this as to what part of the war was all about -- conversion the western american culture.

Isn't that suppose to be the type of persecution the JW's are supposed to get? Is the government picking with the wrong "chosen" religion?

We were so terrified as children growing up...that we would need to go run and hide underground, that we would be so persecuted. Are not these people suffering the same thing as they always unfortuanately have?

Just thinking...what are your thoughts?

• Zico
    Zico

The more extreme a religion, the more 'persecution' it's members will receive. Jehovah's Witnesses are/were 'persecuted' because they have extreme beliefs that many people strongly disagree with. Muslims are 'persecuted' because some of them have extreme beliefs that many people strongly disagree with.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Tan! Just a side point to make. Islam is divided. Muslims, Moslems, Shite, Sunni etc. They fight among themselves. When the troops are sent home, the war in Irag will still be going on among themselves. The Middle East has and will continue to be a hotbed. The Middle East, OIL, Religion, Politics, Judaism, Christianity, Islam all play a role in this centuries old battleground.

Blueblades

• tan
    tan

Thanx Blueblade...they mentioned that on the radio too, that the war would continue on or get worse if they removed the troops now. I just wondered if any of the rank & file ever thought about it...they're not being bothered or are in the limelight like many other religions and yet they put such a scare on the members.

• heathen
    heathen

They believe the UN will get rid of all false religion and then the governments will see that the j-dubs are sitting on a wealth of property and begin to try and confiscate it . The military draft is also another way the WTBTS claims the government uses persecution. I did hear they plan on being persecuted to the point of having to go underground like in china and various other communist nations .

• Spirit Axal
    Spirit Axal

My two JW friends say that the military is nothing but murderurs. I once said to them, What about the Police? they said the police keep the laws of the land for people to obey some of Gods laws. But here is the question we should remember. What if USA had no military and some country comes in and takes control and the "some" laws of God are thrown away and "our" laws are thrown away and we are turned into communist. to me , i think God would want us to stand up for these Laws of the land if it was threatened.

• heathen
    heathen

Spirit Axal-- I think there are alot of people that feel the same way but the question is, "what would jesus do?". I think it's against christian law to kill people . I do hear alot of uproar over the 10 commandments being removed from public schools and crap like that . There is a legal battle going on over so it might just happen that the US government gets so tired wasting time and money in court that they just up and start turning on all religions . We are already more or less a police state IMO. There is a law for just about everything and anything .It's just a matter of how much money you have or how well connected you are as to which laws apply to who around here.

• Spirit Axal
    Spirit Axal

I see. Your right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit