Chicago testimony

by NoMoreMeetings 3 Replies latest jw friends

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

Just got back from speaking in the Chicago area Sunday night about my personal road out of JW's and into the full-time ministry of pastoring a church. It was very well attended, and many were helped with how to reason with JW's when the come to the door. Several who attended are now happily established in local churches, after leaving the WT.

Some of the advice given was to educate JW's about 1) the joy that a Christian can experience without the need of an earthly organization and 2) the missionary outreaches that Churches are doing all over the world, which most JW's have never heard of.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge is freedom.

The event was professionally videotaped, and will be broadcast on Comcast.

I'll keep you all posted on when.

NMM

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"Some of the advice given was to educate JW's about 1) the joy that a Christian can experience without the need of an earthly organization and 2) the missionary outreaches that Churches are doing all over the world, which most JW's have never heard of."

1 and 2 don't agree - if a christian can experience joy without the need of an earthly organization, then why would they care about the missionary outreaches that churches (earthly organizations) are doing?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    1 and 2 don't agree - if a christian can experience joy without the need of an earthly organization, then why would they care about the missionary outreaches that churches (earthly organizations) are doing?

I don't think those points are mutually exclusive. The missionaries reach out to people, and I'm guessing, could teach them how to have a relationship with God separate from organization. As a JW, you were encouraged to not miss a meeting, and study the literature. Story after story emphasized how happy people were to get smuggled Watchtowers when in concentration camps. I can remember hearing the PO worry about having all three meetings in a row (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday), because "then people would have nothing to keep them up during the week."

All this indicated to me that the leadership knows the r&f are dependent on the routine, and dependent on the Society's lingo, and without it people will misbehave. This also explains why "reading the Bible alone will direct you right back to Christendom" and why they praise the FDS TM so much. It's all about organization, organization, organization.

• blondie
    blondie

At what point would an informal group studying the bible become an "organization"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit