Lazy, pathetic dubs

by Chameleon 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

At my school (community college), throughout the week, there are always two dub ladies off to the side of the main path where the bookstore and academic offices are located.

They usually get there in the morning and bring some folding chairs and a table where they place the tower and awake rags, among other things.

Anyway, I usually take a break near their "spot," since it's close to the cafeteria. I have never seen them try to talk to anyone. They just watch people pass by while they talk to each other.

Good job, dub ladies. Jahoopla is going to kill all those college students because they were trying to get an education.

I would mess with them and bring up, well, anything the WT has messed up on, but I don't know if they go to the same Hall as I do.

So, did you ever hear of something like this?

If you would mess with them, what would you ask?

• nsrn
    nsrn

Personally, I woundn't "mess" with them, as once I was an unhappy reluctant magazine peddler. My guess is they don't want to talk to anyone. They may have their own misgivings about the material, or are fearful of a confrontation. If it were me, I'd give brief smile and nod daily, and watch their back for them. If they ever approached you, you could say, "I see you out here almost daily. I appreciate that you don't try to monopolize my time. I'm not interested in your PRODUCT but I do keep an eye out for your safely. Have a good day!"

Nancy of the 'dragged out in service as a shining example to others class

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

...you don't have to mess with them....but you could plant a few seeds of doubt.

...I'm more concerned about the young adults many on their own for the first time being preyed upon...ummm...I mean recruited. If you saw one of your friends chatting it up with the JW's would you warn her?

Maybe you could just voice your concerns to the student counselor.

lisa

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Inappropriate, as usual - at least their not setting up table at the cemetery

--------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how many wolves usually hang out together when they're hunting ?

• DJK
    DJK

To set up on school property they must have written permission. Part of that prohibits the act( I cant think of the legal term for it) of approaching people, to sell or interupt people passing by.

It's still the laziest form of pioneering I have ever heard of. I'll bet their proud of the hours they report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit