Was human ignorance responsible for the creation of mysticism and Gods ?

by Handsome Dan 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Just a pondering thought since most religions and notions of spirituality were developed thousands of years ago, and human ignorance was quite prevalent at those supposed times, its

surprising and puzzling to me to see people still in delft with these ancient religions and beliefs as a source of moral guidance and direction and I'm not just speaking of Christianity. Is this

due to a lack of education in society or possibly the empowering effect that God belief has to offer men when desired. The power of God is a good thing I suppose if you can corral it for

your self and make good use of it money wise and others......

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gods are created, but not so mysticism. Gods are for the ignorant (unlearnt, unexperienced), mysticism is or can be an educational process. In other words, deities are the only way that nonspiritual people can apprehend some spiritual principles. Hinduism is an example of this: at it's core, all is considered to be one, brahman. At the lower levels, there are many gods. http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Mysticism-Mystical-Mystics.htm

S

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Thanks for the link Sat. lots of info there

• 5go
    5go

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit