The Real Face of the European Union

by dh 3 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

Has anyone else seen this documentary? Brits, any thoughts on watching it...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2699800300274168460

• uriah
    uriah

The problem with Britian today is that we - the people - are being brain-bombed, by which I mean that masses of trivia replaces real thought. Thinking is not done today. I see more and more people walking down the road with glazed eyes listening to their MP3 players, texting, watching videos or speaking on the mobile phone. Take your music with you coos the adverts. Why? Holds 15,000 songs screams another. See TV and movies on your mobile. 500 texts FREE per month. That is just when you are out. We are convinced that we need to have all this with us all the time. In the home there is the succession of mindless reality shows - Big brother, X factor and god knows what else. Digital TV, Sky get over 200 channels. The papers carry through the shows into their pages. Absolutly mind numbing drivel about contestants or other 'celebrities' festoon the pages and encourages us to watch tonight on C4. Our minds are diverted away from any meaningful thought and whislt they are away governments sneak in what they want. TV channels, supermarkets and other such business tell us that they are giving us 'what the customer wants'. We believe it. Give us more of what we want, we say. Yet no-one has actually asked me what I want - nor anyone I know come to that. Anyone who dissents or questions in anyway is a party-pooper or luddite or some add-what-you-will-aphobe. I reckon that all the corruption and scandals that become apparent within governments are just a show. Sure they are real, but what happens? We say 'damn politians, I'm not voting for any of them' Which is exactly what I think they want. They want to effect apathy and hopelessness so people 'just can't be bothered'. And they do a good job about it. There are not enough people who really care to make a difference which is why the Tesco-ification of Britain has been so sucessful. There are too many vested interests for this juggernaught to change course.

• Amazing
    Amazing

If even half true, it is a thought-provoking report. Reminds me of similar concerns that many Americans have with the United Nations taking our sovereignty. It will be interesting to see what the Brits do about it ... if anything at all.

Jim Whitney

• Satanus
    Satanus

Amused to death is the way roger waters put it.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit