Grrrr... ANGRY... Society Quotes

by individuals wife 2 Replies latest jw friends

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Silly question really.... did you ever read anything in the societies publications that really made you ANGRY?? I mean, the sort of angry that makes you throw the mag across the room or even the sort of angry that makes you never go to another meeting again?

Quotes from publications that made me ANGRY -

*** w92 12/1 16 "Bring All the Tenth Parts Into the Storehouse" ***
    We feel impelled to serve Jehovah to the greatest extent possible. If we were to stint or give grudgingly of ourselves or our resources, this would be tantamount to our robbing God.-Compare Luke 21:1-4.

How dare they say that? What a way to use guilt! This quote sickened me so much that I actually used it in my da letter....

*** w88 3/15 18 Serving as Jehovah's Trusting Fellow Workers ***
    Another test of our loyalty to our brothers arises when those whom Jehovah is using to take the lead err in judgment. Now and then, such mistakes have been used by some as an excuse to take umbrage and disassociate themselves from Jehovah's visible organization. But is their course of action justified? By no means!.... Furthermore, suppose a person was to separate himself from Jehovah's people. Where could he go?.... There is nowhere else to go but to "Babylon the Great," the world empire of false religion, or into the clutches of Satan's political "wild beast." (Revelation 13:1; 18:1-5) Largely, disloyal ones who have left Jehovah's visible organization have made common cause with those in God-dishonoring "Babylon the Great."

Where could he go? Lots of places! How arrogant! Yes, we may have got things wrong, but, hell, where else are you gonna go? What a motive for staying!!! Where is the love in that?

*** g99 1/8 13 Protecting Freedoms-How? ***
    By acquiring an accurate understanding of God's purposes for mankind, you can counter ignorance and intolerance.

YEAH, RIGHT! I think the JWs are about the most intolerant people I have ever met.

Anybody else got quotes that really make them spit?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mornin' Mrs.IW,

Ah yes, there were lots of phrases that stuck unpleasantly. One that comes to mind immediately is the WT's habit of suggesting that persons who didn't agree with what was being taught, or, horrors, have left the organisation, might, one day "Come to their senses".

This phrase implies that the person is some sort of mental deviant, just like when the old USSR would put all its anti-communist political activists into lunatic asylums.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Two more gems for you..... can you believe the second one?!?!!? Unbelievable!

** w98 8/1 5 At Last-Justice for All ***
    Jehovah's Witnesses strive to subdue prejudice, partiality, racism, and violence.

*** w99 10/1 9 "For Everything There Is an Appointed Time" ***
    20 Should even married couples occasionally "keep away from embracing"? Evidently so in a sense, for Paul noted: "This I say, brothers, the time left is reduced. Henceforth let those who have wives be as though they had none." (1 Corinthians 7:29)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit