Saturday March 17, 6:30 pm
    Lawton, OK
    Central Middle School Auditorium
    1201 Fort Sill Blvd.
    tickets $4
    580-248-9214
    [email protected]
    http://www.360lawton.com/portal/

These showings are starting,,I got the DVD,,it seems many JWs seem to really like it,,I am still critiquing,,it shows two JW families in emotional issues, one going thru liver transplant (had the grandma there, not JW,who did not agree with "no blood" stance but was there) and the other, a Jew, Joseph Kempler (who had been in a concentration camp) & after converted to JW, a lot of info. There are other interviews, like one a doctor (who was clear that the effort of developing non-blood techniques is "not" because JWs are demanding it but because of low blood banks supply) and another individual discussing civil rights, explaining JWs did have a part of opening rights or legal civil rights for themselves but (interestingly) also for other groups, such as feminists and gay rights, etc. Universities, schools, libraries etc are now showing this film across the USA for the next couple months and on PBS in May. The film leans pro-JW. Does mention shunning but did not elaborate about that. I don't have a clue how this will impact non JW viewers. The presentation seems to suggest, though not agreeing with teachings of JWs, to possibly have a degree of respect toward them.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Thanks for the info..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit