I found this on the WTS website concerning the UN

by Leander 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Leander
    Leander

This is actually posted under the first massive thread about the Society and UN, but I thought maybe it should have a post dedicated to this shocking softening of opinion.

My original post was as follows:

I just shared the information with my wife about the Society and the UN. She then replied that this situation was no different than Paul making use of the goverment to further the preaching work. Thats when I mentioned that the Society as a NGO is required to promote the ideals of the UN. Well at this point she asked me to show her where in the magazines or publications did the Society support the UN. Since I could'nt provide her with any proof she left for the meeting on a triumphant note. However when she got home I kind of gave her a shock because right on the Society's website is a charter of the UN's stance on the rights of children. After seeing that webpage she got quiet and so I thought it wise to change the subject, but I think the point was made.
    For anyone interested in those webpages just follow these 2 links

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/12/8/diagram_01.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/12/8/article_03.htm - Notice what is said at towards the bottom of the page. Better yet I'll paste the paragraph below:

Under God's Kingdom humans will be enabled to rear children in a balanced way. (Job 33:24-26) <b>Young folks will be raised in the spirit of peace and universal brotherhood, the ideal set forth in the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child.</b> (Psalm 46:8, 9) Never again will there be the need for an International Year of the Child or for a Convention on the Rights of the Child.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

This was a very thoughtful reply. However, I'd recommend that you try and keep you marriage together as best you can. I'm sure you love your wife; don't ruin this relationship; it's worth maintaining almost at any cost! She is simply indoctrinated with the Society's teachings that defy "all the laws of gravity." Imagine telling a child that there truly isn't a Santa Claus when s/he's been told again and again that this figurative character brings gifts down the chimney every year to the Christmas tree. Well, this isn't far afield from the fictional teachings of the "faithful and discrete slave."

However, you can discreetly point out discrepancies as you see them. You might try posing these anomalies in the form of questions. They raise doubt, but don't sound as dogmatic as resolute statements.

Just a few suggestions, my brother in faith… Be aware, that there are quite a number of other x/witnesses that feel that same as you. Don' t give up on the Bible or Jehovah God.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Leander,

thanks for posting this, on the

United Nations ' thread.

An interesting experience yours.

I can only repeat the words from Ciberguy - very nice indeed -:

° Informative: " Well, this isn't far afield from the fictional teachings of the "faithful and discrete slave."

° encouraging:

"....Be aware, that there are quite a number of other x/witnesses that feel that same as you. Don' t give up on the Bible or Jehovah God."

Greeting, ...and take courage,

you are never alone ... J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• unbaptized_1
    unbaptized_1

Cyber,

This is as fine a response as any I could ever
    imagine, seen under these circumstances.Such kindly
    and loving words,redirecting the "real" issue at hand.
    May Jehovah bless you and reveal greater wisdom and
    insight to you.
    Un_1

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Leander,

I missed this on the WT's site. Thanks for posting it. I just had this discussion with some in-laws the other day. Many jw's aren't well versed in their own religon, the bible, or worldly matters - as these two cousins.

But they knew "no way!" would the wt have anything to do with the UN - I had to remind them why, and take them into Revelation. "oh yeah, yeah." I suggested they look it up themselves (I was working and couldn't break away).

Too bad I didn't know about the WT website stuff. Thanks.

What was said about keeping your marriage together is so true - more important than if your wife believes in Santa Claus. Besides, "where would they go?" after having their fantasy burst? But slowly deflated, they go like us.....slowly getting into reality.

Thanks again.

waiting

• Gozz
    Gozz

I told a friend about the affair between the Watchtower and the United Nations. He's checked it up on the UN site and is really down. He doesn't want to see me anymore, and he's been ill since last week.

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

Leander,

Who every told you to "keep your marriage" strong in one of thes posts. They aren't kidding. I've seen how the Elders work to the benifit of the wife (or the one who is a JW). She may be able to use scriptures to her advantage. Hope you take it slow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit