grand canyon skyway

by tijkmo 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=442

scheduled to open anytime soon

so whos going...

i so will be as soon as..

(as if the glass floor in the cn tower in toronto isnt scary enough)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Eeeuuuhhhhh

I was getting the cringes just looking at the pictures of the artist's impressions!!

I'm not good with heights at all, I think I may just give this one a miss lol!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I think I'll pass, afraid I might have a panic attack. I took a mule ride down the Grand Canyon when I was a teenager--the trail was very narrow and the mules like to graze over the side of the trail--it was a little nerve wracking to say the least; I enjoyed it but don't think I'll do it again. LOL

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Yet another way to get high.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Awesome! I did the Grand Canyon by helicopter and that was an amzing experience.

I had to do Ben Nevis, The CN Tower, The Skylon tower, Sagriada Familia Tower and the Eiffel Tower on my hands and knees until I stopped feeling panicky. I'm all for facing fears full on - so long as they don't involve a bungee jump!

• Kudra
    Kudra

I'm against stuff like that skyway. I think it's obscene.

I think that there shouldn't even be any driving in National Parks. A tramway/shuttle for wheelchair bound folks but that's it. I even have some problems with tourists being packed through on donkeys and horses. Going down the north rim of the GrCa I was wading through inches of mule piss and $hit and flies.

I don't want to backpack in the GrCa NP and see that thing above me. I am glad that it seems to be over a section of the river where it is just sheer cliffs and no trails underneath- although it is hard to tell from the concept-pictures.

I admire places that are closed off to tourist through traffic - I appreciated it when I was hiking the narrows- no honking and congestion. It took a little time to take the shuttle but the payoff is immense.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That's scary. I want to go to The Grand Canyon again someday, backpacking safely on the ground though.

• M.J.
    M.J.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article2264634.ece

Interesting story. It's not in the actual park, but on the Hualapai reservation to the west.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit