News case in Norway

by Hellrider 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

There`s a controversial news case in Norway right now. In the last few weeks, there has been several rapes in the capitol, Oslo (a serial rapist). In that conjunction, a female artist went out live, on radio, and surprised everyone (including the radio host) by claiming that she had been attempted raped by two famous norwegians, one pop-musician and a movie maker (both of whom are friends of the royal family, lol). She named them both, live on air, the radio host almost fell off her chair. The alleged assault happened 14 years ago. She never filed charges. They are now threatening to sue her for slander. So what do you all think? Is it right to do what she did?

(for those that can read scandinavian languages, pluss, a picture of her: http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2007/03/13/494866.html )

• greendawn
    greendawn

Who knows if they really tried to rape her or if she made up the story, and why did she take 14 years to bring up the story? At the end of the day it will be her word against theirs.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Without physical evidence, it's all hearsay. Maybe the accuser is wealthy enough that it doesn't matter if she gets sued; or she's angry enough that it doesn't matter. Either way, without physical evidence or eye-witnesses, it's just hearsay in the eyes of the law.

• kwr
    kwr

Are the accused rapists or accuser JW or something?

• Gill
    Gill

She should have known that she needed two witnesses or at least a lot of physical damage to herself get anyone to believe her.

The JW two witness rule is no different to the rule of evidence required by the law today.

Was she right to do what she did and say what she claims happened to her? Maybe she was right! But was she sensible to do so......I doubt it.

She will find herself the victim of ad hominem attacks now as well as law suits for slander against her.

The alleged attackers, will as usual, get away scot free.....but with perhaps a permanant stain on their characters. That may well be enough revenge for her if her claims are true. They will never be free of the mud slung at them.....no matter what.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Keep your eyes on the British media this week.

Reporting restrictions on JW case will possibly be lifted late Tuesday or Wednesday.

fokyc

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Are the accused rapists or accuser JW or something?

No. I`m just curious about the principle of what she did. She used the media to stain the names of two celebrities that she claimed had attempted to rape her. I`m just curious about what people here think about that. It`s relevant to this board, because I sometimes see people talking about those things: Spreading information to the public about alleged abusers (whether or not they have been sentenced, etc). The principle of the issue is interesting (taking matters into ones own hands).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit