So why dont JW's believe that Jesus is Devine

by JesusIsKing 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JesusIsKing
    JesusIsKing

For JW's this is not an opinion question, so I would like to know your reasons for not believing he is. Thank You.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Maybe cause 'Devine' isn't a word.

• JesusIsKing
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

Welcome JIK

Just to clarify your question - do you think we are JW's?

If your answer is 'yes', I suggest you research this site a bit more before you ask any more questions

• Zico
    Zico

Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe Jesus is 'devine' because their leaders tell them he's not.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

I don't think JWs objected to the word "divine" as applying to Christ in earlier times. For years the Watchtower used those translations that rendered John 1:1 as "...and the Word was divine" as an alternative to the majority of tranlations that read "....and the Word was God." It only fell out of use when the NWT came along with "....and the Word as a god." This caused a storm of controversy among other Bible scholars.

Jehovah's Witnesses are unitarian. They reject the doctine of the trinity. This is not an exclusive teaching of the Watchtower organization since the trinitarian movement has continued from the earliest of times. Each side has its own scriptural arguments as to the relationship of Christ to God. And the debate will, undoubtedly, continue on...

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Opps....meant to say the "unitarian movement has continued on from earlest time....."

• zack
    zack

JW's believe Jesus is divine. They do not believe he is the Almighty. They believe Jesus and the Father are distinct and seperate individuals.

This belief is not particular to them. however, they detract from Jesus the honor that is owed to him, because in their legalistic approach to

their belief system, they think any honor given to Christ is at the expense of the Father. They fail to see that threy were brought into existence by, for, and

because of Christ. They believe this way because they are told to.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: So why dont JW's believe that Jesus is Devine

You asked an opinion question.

:For JW's this is not an opinion question, so I would like to know your reasons for not believing he is. Thank You.

Yet, you don't want an opinion answer!

Braindead topic. Praise Jesus! (that's an opinion)

Y'all have a nice day in stupid land, ok?

Thank you.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit