DID JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES REPENTED?

by dark angle 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dark angle
    dark angle

We were having our CBS last week using the Revelation book and we came across a paragraph that says that jehovah's people repented. chapter 7 par 12 says: "jehovah's witnesses, with renewed love for jehovah, have repented of any possible previous failure to honor and magnify his illustrious name and kingdom." i ask our conductor is there any written record that our society or jehovah's witness as whole acknowledge their error, ask forgiveness, and repented? (i was his reader) our conductor was speechless for several seconds!........ anyone here knows about any facts about this claim?

• Zico
    Zico

They sort of said sorry for the whole 1975 thing by accepting a little blame but didn't give a proper apology or accept full blame like they should have. They have never made an official apology for any of their dangerous or misleading policies or beliefs. Instead, they rejoice at their changes, saying Jehovah has directed the change, refusing to recognise that the change means they have previously taught something false. They're the only Organisation I know that celebrates their mistakes.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    They're the only Organisation I know that celebrates their mistakes.

LMAO, well they arent allowed to celebrate anything else, why not new light?

• Zico
    Zico
    well they arent allowed to celebrate anything else, why not new light?

I hope they invite the Zebra to the party. It only seems fair.

• dark angle
    dark angle

"They have never made an official apology for any of their dangerous or misleading policies or beliefs. Instead, they rejoice at their changes, saying Jehovah has directed the change, refusing to recognise that the change means they have previously taught something false. They're the only Organization I know that celebrates their mistakes."--------very well said zicco, its a huge contrast in biblical accounts when god's people repented they really acknowledge their error publicly, at times in sackcloth, fasting, tears, & ashes, to demonstrate that they repented from their mistakes. they don't say its a new butt light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit