I command you to PRAY TO THIS JUG OF MILK

by kwintestal 6 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
  • daystar
    daystar

Pretty good. But I disagree that prayer never works. It does work to help to focus the mind towards a particular purpose. And I have seen documents that seem to provide evidence that positive mental attitude will affect a postive physical reaction in a person, individually. However, I've never seen that praying for someone other than a person's own self does much of anything directly.

My personal experience and experimentation is that prayers, or ceremonial activities, etc. can effect changes within a person, and through those changes external effects may be seen. However, I cannot necessarily attribute those changes to the power of some unseen entity "out there". In fact, I don't see how such an entity needs to exist at all.

Anyway, at least thought-provoking.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    But I disagree that prayer never works. It does work to help to focus the mind towards a particular purpose. And I have seen documents that seem to provide evidence that positive mental attitude will affect a postive physical reaction in a person, individually

Yes, I agree that one could use it to focus but that would put prayer on the same level as meditation or something like that.

Kwin.

• daystar
    daystar
    but that would put prayer on the same level as meditation or something like that.

and??... Since there is no such thing as God, is it not effectively the same?

• onacruse
    onacruse
    However, I've never seen that praying for someone other than a person's own self does much of anything directly.

Interesting.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    However, I've never seen that praying for someone other than a person's own self does much of anything directly.

I believe in God and the power of prayer yet I would have to agree with this.

The way I see it, God is going to do "his will" no matter what I ask him to do. I do thank God for my friends though.

• Nathan Natas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit