I am an Auntie!!!

by Mystla 6 Replies latest social family

• Mystla
    Mystla

First baby born to any of my siblings... woohoo!.. I'm off the hook for providing a grandbaby!! or at least a little less pressured

7lb11oz red headed boy!!

My brother is a daddy!! Too bad his phsyco bitch from hell of a wife hates my guts... sigh.. My brother had better at least send me pictures!

Misty

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congratulations, that reminds me of the time I first became an uncle when my nephew was born back in 1988, I heard while I was on vacation.

• free2think
    free2think

Congratulations. It's great to be an auntie, I love it, as soon as they start crying or poo I just hand them back.

• Mystla
    Mystla
    as soon as they start crying or poo I just hand them back

LOL, that's kind of my view on all babies Which is one of the many reasons this is the first baby born in this generation

I got a call from my brother about 8 hours after the fact, otherwise I might not have heard for weeks... it sucks not being on the family grapevine!! I didn't hear that he got married until about 3 weeks after

They haven't named the baby yet, we are waiting impatiently... they had some pretty wierd names on their list... so who knows what they will go with.

I find the whole thing fairly exciting too bad they live so far away..

Misty

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Congratulations! Hopefully, the mom's not going to be psycho with the baby! Phew! Hope you get to spend some time with the new little one. They are such fun!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Congratulations misty. the best aunties are the ones who have no kids of their own. That much I remember from being a kid!

• Mystla
    Mystla

I plan on always having candy in my pocket... after the baby gets a little bigger, of course A little bribery goes a long way! I'll be his favorite aunt in no time!

My brother faded awhile back, our other two siblings are very much still in.. so I'll be the only ex-jw auntie! This boy can cuss around me all he wants!

Unfortunatly we are concerned about his mother.. she has demonstrated some very unstable behavior and we aren't sure how she'll be with the baby. My brother knows all of this and is watching closely for signs of postpartum depression and for any signs that she would in any way mistreat the baby.

So far her lunacy has been limited to raging at myself and my husband.. and telling lies about us to family and friends. As long as her crazy is aimed at us it's ok, we can handle it. If she turns any of it on the baby... well.. we will help my brother out any way we can!

Who knows, maybe it was all pregnancy related and she'll calm down and be only slightly hostile instead of phsyco!

Misty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit