I'm so happy we talked

by nonamegiven 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

Well, for those that read my first bunch of posts, you know what I'm going through and where I've been. Well, I decided to talk to my wife Friday night about my spiritual views.

I told her that the DF think has be totally turned off. I gave her a quick summary of how the society handles things and how this differes from the biblical way it was handled. I also told her that I am going to turn in my letter for reinstatment and that there is a very good chance I'll walk away. She asked why I'm going to be reinstated if I don't believe that the society is the right way to Jehovah. I told her I want to be reinstated regardless of my beliefs. I want to be reinstated because my family and friends was taken from me because of my actions. I've since been forgiven these actions, I've done EVERYTHING in my power to make ammends for these and am doing EVERYTHING in my power to make sure these things are behind me. by definition I no longer deserve to be disfellowshipped and now I want my family back. I told her that I simply won't allow anyone to take these things from me and if I were to walk away from it now I'm admitting defeat.

She doesn't know where I stand on many, many doctrines just DF'ing but she does know that I have many doubts. She said she will respect my decision as long as I do hers. We've discussed this before to a limited extent but this is the first time I've laid it out for her and let her know she'll more than likely (read WILL) be doing this alone in the future. I also told her that if my request is denied I will more than likley walk away. She also agreed that if the elders ask her any questions about me her answers are to be "fine", "I don't know" or "you should ask Brother NoNameGiven" and that's it.

Progress indeed..........

• Cellist
    Cellist

I hope it works for you and you get your family back.

Cellist

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

All the best will keep you in my prayers.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Good for you!!!

• bernadette
    bernadette

good news nonamegiven - glad there's progress. Won't be long now

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I hope things work out the way you want them to. Do let us know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit