for any witness that wants to listen or answer

by bsgtar3 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• bsgtar3
    bsgtar3

Hi My name is Ben and I am 23 years old. My parents are both Witnesses in Denver and I was for about 10 years. I have since then drifted away from that way of life because of all the hypocrital things I saw and somehow ended in the middle of. Ironically both my Grandfather and the journeyman that I work with (electrician) did the same. Anyway, the purpose of this letter is not to preach back but for other reasons now. First of all I would love to get some things off of my shoulders. I am under the impression that my grandfather was actually disfellowshipped. I spent a great deal of years trying to find out the reason because none of know the reason. His name is Stanton Kan and was an elder in Colorado somewhere. Not sure where to tell you the truth. I dont know if there is anyway that you can help me to understand the reasoning. All I know is that the elders in on the disfellowshipping are mostly gone now, either dead or apostates now. I remember I was up for being baptised at one point. I had already gone thru the questions and the day came. I remember it was at a circuit assembly. Another elder had come up to me and told me that I was not to get baptised. When I asked the reason, it was not because of not knowing the truth of the Bible but because my grandfather was living at my residence as me and my parents. The elder that told me this is also no longer with the truth. He actually left his wife and now wont associate with anyone around the witness. Anyway, my parents are both very good people and raised me really decent. I just thought I could write and maybe someone could give me answers that I have been begging for the last 16 years. Dont get me wrong, I think what you guys are doing is the right thing no doubt but I am really tired of getting dead ends every time I started to make an effort for once would like to get a straight answer and then on top of that hearing about other elders that have said bad things about me that were caught through the grape vine. My name is Benjamin J Edge and my email address is [email protected] if anyone could help. If further reference is needed, My moms name is Patricia E Edge maiden name Kan and my fathers name is Glen D Edge both of the Southglenn Congregation in Littleton colorado. Again I do support everything you stand for and even still apply a lot of the knowledge learned from the truth. I got into a discussion about the trinity and politics the other day. Turns out there are a lot of people that I work with that are very dissapointed at me because I do not support all the political standing that are going on right now. I have told them several times that if they love god, war amongst people should not be a question. I do have to stop myself though because I know it is not my place to judge others. Unfortunately, I do have other problems now though such as a drinking and tobacco habit that would definetly classify me as not being a part or the witness society. I just wanted to close by saying you are right. Be no part of the world because it will hurt you in every way possible. I have been i the world for about 6 years and sad to say, I am still alone if not more now. But at the same time, I really dont want to go back to a place that managed to do the same thing. I know people are imperfect but the pain of being in that situation over and over drove me away. Please write back if you want. I always enjoyed talking to you people. Very nice and clean.
    for now
    Benjamin J Edge

• LDH
    LDH

Ben,

I wish your story were unique--but it isn't.

Please hang around.

If someone knows your family they will email you.

Lisa

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Ben

Welcome! I am sorry I can't help you with information about your grandfather. I was born and raised in Florida, so I don't know anyone from Colorado. But keep checking, you might find out. As far as the reason he was disfellowshipped...there are so many possibilities, I'm not sure you will ever get a straight answer. Doesn't your Mom or Dad know? Seems they would be the most likely source.

You know if your grandfather decided he didn't want to be a JW anymore, they could have made up a number of reasons to DF him. And if he wasn't going to meetings anymore, who would argue with them? I've seen that happen.

Take care and good luck in your search for answers.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((((bsgtar3))))))

Sorry can't help you with your family...but I had to pop in and say hello and give a hug. Sorry for what you're going through.

Hang in there.

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ben, hang out here for awile dude,it will help.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi Ben,

I just wanted to say hi and thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you have a few things in your life to sort through, and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

I hope you'll stick around. I'm sure you'll find some nice friends here.

• not interested
    not interested

Ben,
    hey man i cant help with any info about your grandfather, but yousaid somthing that interested me, You said that you think the jw's are right and you said that your more lonley now thatn before. As you have heard before you cant be on the fence if your in the "TRUTH" its a organization that you need to be in 100% or out of 100%, there is no middel ground. I know i am a newbie here but i get the impressopn that most people on htis site are here because we dont belive, if you do thikthat the JW's are right then i would encourage you to go back the reasons that your grandfather got DF'ed shouldnt even be important. but then again ive been known to be wrong befor. any way take care man hope to see ya around here again

Not interested

• Chrissey
    Chrissey

Hey, sweetheart....

I have no info on your Grandfather,,,sorry...but wanted to encourage you to stick around.....this is a warm bunch of friends...

Look forward to seeing you in chat....

~Chrissey~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit