need some feedback on music

by littlerockguy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I am going to switch out music on my ipod to music to exercise, walk and workout to. What specific songs and music would YOU recommend or what is on your workout ipod currently? LRG

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The FITNESS Top 100 Workout Songs
    Ever wonder what the professionals listen to when they're working out? We talked to top trainers across the country to find out.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitness/story.jhtml;jsessionid=VEE5COVIEGVX1QFIBQNSCZQ?storyid=/templatedata/fitness/story/data/1157389553243.xml&catref=cat5490002

TNT" - AC/DC

"Walk This Way" - Aerosmith Aerosmith - A Little South of Sanity - Walk This Way

"Dirty Little Secret" - The All-American Rejects The All-American Rejects - Move Along - Dirty Little Secret

"So What'cha Want" - Beastie Boys Beastie Boys - Check Your Head - So What'cha Want

"Loser" - Beck Beck - Mellow Gold - Loser

"Crazy in Love" - Beyonce Beyoncé - Dangerously in Love - Crazy in Love

"Don't Phunk with My Heart" - Black Eyed Peas Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business - Don't Phunk With My Heart

"Wonderful Person" - Black Masses

"No More Drama" - Mary J Blige Mary J. Blige - No More Drama - No More Drama

"You're Beautiful" - James Blunt James Blunt - Back to Bedlam - You're Beautiful

"Under Pressure" - David Bowie David Bowie & Queen - Best of Bowie - Under Pressure

"I Want Candy" - Bow Wow Wow Bow Wow Wow - The Best of Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy

"Right Now" - Garth Brooks

"Gonna Make You Sweat" - C&C Music Factory C+C Music Factory - C+C Music Factory: Super Hits - Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)

"We Belong Together" - Mariah Carey Mariah Carey - The Emancipation of Mimi - We Belong Together

"Ridin'" - Chamillionaire Chamillionaire & Krayzie Bone - The Sound of Revenge - Ridin'

"Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway - Since U Been Gone

"Feelin' Alright" - Joe Cocker Joe Cocker - Joe Cocker: The Anthology - Feeling Alright

"Yellow" - Coldplay Coldplay - Parachutes - Yellow

"Testify" - Common Common - Be - Testify

Continued: Debra Cox to The Go-Go's >>

Absolutely Not" - Debra Cox Deborah Cox - The Morning After - Absolutely Not

"Dreams" - The Cranberries The Cranberries - The Cranberries: Stars - The Best of 1992-2002 - Dreams

"She Sells Sanctuary" - The Cult The Cult - Love - She Sells Sanctuary

"One More Time" - Daft Punk Daft Punk - Discovery - One More Time

"Groove Is In the Heart" - Deee-Lite Deee-Lite - The Very Best of Deee-Lite - Groove Is In the Heart

"Jumpin' Jumpin'" - Destiny's Child Destiny's Child - The Writing's on the Wall - Jumpin', Jumpin'

"Whip It" - Devo Devo - Freedom of Choice - Whip It

"Rio" - Duran Duran Duran Duran - Rio - Rio

"Get Ur Freak On" - Missy Elliot Missy Elliott - Miss E...So Addictive - Get Ur Freak On

"Lose Yourself" - Eminem Eminem - 8 Mile - Lose Yourself

"Unspeakable Joy" - Kim English Kim English - Unspeakable Joy - EP - Unspeakable Joy (Razor N Guido Remix)

"London Bridge" - Fergie Fergie - The Dutchess (Bonus Tracks) - London Bridge

"In Da Club" - 50 cent 50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin' - In da Club

"The Rockafeller Skank" - Fatboy Slim Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank - EP - The Rockafeller Skank

"Happy" - Fischersponer

"DOA" - Foo Fighters Foo Fighters - In Your Honor - DOA

"Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

"Hemorrhage (in My Hands)" - Fuel Fuel - Something Like Human - Hemorrhage (In My Hands)

"Solsbury Hill" - Peter Gabriel Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree - Sixteen Golden Greats - Solsbury Hill

"We Got the Beat" - The Go-Go's The Go-Go's - Beauty and the Beat - We Got the Beat

Gorillaz to Madonna
    shim
    shim
    Madonna to Rascal Flatts

"Ray Of Light" - Madonna Madonna - Ray of Light - Ray of Light

"No Woman No Cry" - Bob Marley Bob Marley - Legend - No Woman No Cry

"Harder to Breathe" - Maroon 5 Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane - Harder to Breathe

"For Whom the Bell Tolls" - Metallica Metallica - Ride the Lightning (Bonus Tracks) - For Whom the Bell Tolls

"Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

"We Are All Made of Stars" - Moby Moby - 18 - We Are All Made of Stars

"This Is How We Do It" - Montell Jordan Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It - This Is How We Do It

"Made You Look" - Nas Nas - God's Son - Made You Look

"Ride Wit Me" - Nelly Nelly featuring City Spud - Country Grammar - Ride Wit Me

"It's My Life" - No Doubt No Doubt - No Doubt: The Singles 1992-2003 - It's My Life

"Ready, Steady, Go" - Paul Oakenfold Oakenfold - Bunkka - Ready, Steady, Go

"The Way You Move" - Outkast OutKast & Sleepy Brown - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below - The Way You Move

"Temperature" - Sean Paul Sean Paul - The Trinity - Temperature

"Evenflow" - Pearl Jam Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003) - Even Flow

"Runnin'" - Pharcyde The Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia - Runnin'

"Get the Party Started" - Pink P!nk - M!ssundaztood - Get the Party Started

"When Doves Cry" - Prince Prince - Purple Rain - When Doves Cry

"Hot Ride" - Prodigy Prodigy - Hot Ride - EP - Hot Ride

"Don't Cha" - Pussycat Dolls The Pussycat Dolls - PCD - Don't Cha

"Life Is a Highway" - Rascal Flatts Rascal Flatts - Cars - Life Is a Highway

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Purps your AMAZING!!! Thanks to much !!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You have to make one for each mood of your workout. Something to get you to feel like you NEED to work out. Once you're doing your work out make it match. When lifting weights, do you want pump it or slow and easy? On a jog do you want Chariots of Fire or It Feels Good?

Get a good motivational song for the beginning, and a soothing, relaxing song for the end.

This is coming from a person that hasn't worked out in 4 years.

Make the songs last for the length of the entire workout. I could time how far I was in to my work out by the songs. After awhile, you're going to have to change up.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Awesome!

GGG

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow Great to exercise to!

• serenitynow
    serenitynow

You can't beat some good Australian rock/pop - try:

Jet (Rit it Up, Put your Money Where your mouth is, Are you Gonna Be my Girl, etc, etc)

You Am I (Cathy's Clown, and a million others of theirs)

Spurs for Jesus (check em out on Myspace)

And, not Australian, but fun for a workout - Kaiser Chiefs. If you prefer something funkier try Amy Winehouse - she's been wearing out my Ipod.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit