Lost Tomb Of Jesus Family tomb

by magdalenefan 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• magdalenefan
    magdalenefan

Everybody, here is the website... losttombofjesus.com

also discovery.com/tomb

These are great sites and everyone is trying to decipher the family crest above the tomb.

I believe Jesus was married and had a wife and kid. And he is buried with his wife, son, mother ,Father and brothers

Everyone in the media is attacking this find. Top religious figures are attacking this find.

In the interview with James Cameron, director of Titanic, he was dressed casually, and the people attacking him were wearing suits and ties?? Catching on everyone? This is the Tomb of Jesus because the prideful people dont believe it.

• under_believer
    under_believer

You believe, not because the evidence supports that belief, but because you want to.

• under_believer
    under_believer

And furthermore, let's assume that it's true.

So what? Who cares? How does it affect you or change anything?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

magdalenefan,

i will do you a little favour, and point out where your line of reasoning went astray from logic:

This is the Tomb of Jesus because /// the prideful people dont believe it.

the three /// show where the logical fallacy, non sequitur, was commited. don't worry. we have all done it. but you should know that because the detractors were wearing suits does not automatically mean that they do not believe because of pride.

i mean, i understand what you mean. suits to me generally represent reptilian archon mind control too. but there is no way of substantiating that. i dislike jerks in suits as much as the next hippy. but all we can basically tell from all of this is that some people will go to any extent to prop their beliefs up, not that jesus existed and was burried there (parsimony).

take care,

tetra

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

We must not forget the reason why there were guards placed in front of the tomb over 2000 yrs ago. They were afraid people were going to steal the body of Christ because of the claims Jesus was making about himself.. He was quite a contraversial man.

We must not forget that over 500 people gave account in the scriptures that he rose from the dead.

I personally don't believe this is the tomb of Christ because his body is supposedly in there.

Scripture teaches Jesus conquered death and rose in bodily form. It wasn't a spiritual resurrection. His physical resurrection is the reason why we Christians celebrate new life in Christ.

Think about it, even over 2000 yrs later we are still celebrating his resurrection. People for centuries have lost their lives over it.

So this little media claim doesn't shake my faith in the least. Nor does it peak my curiousity because it simply doesn't line up.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

This grave-controversy is interesting, because people with different agendas even get confused as to what they`re supposed to mean about it. Non-christians and sceptics now jump on the wagon to suport this "find", because if the find is real, it`s yet another nail in the coffin of christianity. If Jesus` bones are found, he was not risen in the flesh, ergo, the whole of christianity is a hoax. Had this been any other historical figure, these same sceptic would have maintained their sceptical attitude, and at least waited for the experts to examine this site thouroughly. The chances that this find really is Jesus grave, are very small.

- The writing on the little "boxes" is/has been very hard to translate. Not even the name that supposedly says "yeshua, son of Joseph", is a safe bet.

- Even if the name is correct, both these names (as well as the names on the other "boxes" were the most common names in the area.

- The earliest followers of Jesus never called him, "Jesus, son of Joseph", at least not according to the Bible.

- It's unlikely Joseph, who had died earlier in Galilee, would have been buried in Jerusalem

- It`s unlikely Jesus, who was a Nazarean, would have been buried in Jerusalem, the city in which he was even labelled a blasphemer against god by the religious authority. The alternative would be that he was buried somewhere else, only to, 300 years later, when christianity had become the states religion, be buried up, and brought back to Jerusalem. Of course, had this been the case, it would probably not ahve been a secret, or if it was a secret, the church fathers, who believed in the physical ressurection, would have disposed of the body (in the fashion the jws says Jehobah did...)

- Fourth-century church historian Eusebius makes quite clear the body of James, brother of Jesus, was buried alone near the temple mount.

- The two Mary ossuaries do not mention anyone from Migdal, but just Mary, a common name

...so sorry to disappoint all the (unexpected) "believers" (!!!!) in the final deathblow to christianity...

• under_believer
    under_believer

Hellrider:

Real skeptics are skeptical about anything that lacks evidence, not just things that support their worldview.
    Examples:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007/03/lost_tomb_of_jesus.php
    http://skepchick.org/blog/?p=428

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Hasn't this already been beaten to death on JWD?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/129923/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/130118/1.ashx

Is it reallynecessary to keep spamming the Forum with the same post over and over and over?

BA-Spamkiller

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

bruva apostate,

it's not really necessaary, no. however, since the topic is about jesus, and would interest witnesses and ex witnesses alike, the discussions will insue. plus, not everyone has had a say about what they think about it. the few links you supply there mean nothing in the larger scheme of things if the subject is worth discussing, for whatever reasons.

take creation/evolution for example. there have been hundreds of threads about it. it's not spam. it's educational for everybody, even if they are just lurkers.

if you don't think it's worth discussing, then you presume much.

but it's cool. now that i'm here, i'm-a gonna have a little toak in honor of the late, and possibly great, HEYZEUS!!! how does it feel to have inspired illegal drug intake? HEYZEUS!!!

:) mmmm

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit