For Jehovah's WItnesses

by cultswatter 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

You might think that the world is flat but give it a chance!

As a Jehovah's Witness you MUST believe the following or be kicked out of the organization for APOSTACY!

1. That the devils came down to earth and christ set up his new world government in 1914

2. that Jesus approved of the Watchtower Bible & tract Society in 1918/19

3. the door to heaven was closed in 1935

4. the remnant are 100% genuine, there are no fake remnant

5. the faithful and discreet slave is Jehovah's way of communicating divine truths

6. The Watchtower Bible & tract Society is the only communications channel between God and mankind

7. the governing body are all annointed even though most of them became remnant after 1935

8.Russel and Rutherford were annointed and direct divine truths today from heaven

----

If you doubt any of the above then don't feel bad because the Watchtower Bible & tract Society is a false prophet

• onacruse
    onacruse
    4. the remnant are 100% genuine, there are no fake remnant

Actually, the WTS has said, in no uncertain terms, that there have been "fake" remnant. If this is of some interest to you, I can dig up a couple of references.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Am I the only one who's noticed the clear distinction between the "remnant" and "memorial partakers"?

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Russel and Rutherford were annointed and direct divine truths today from heaven" I don't think they believe they are directing the WTS from heaven they believed Russell was doing that up top about 1930. One has to be very ignorant to believe that Rutehrford was fit to become part of the New Jerusalem.

• Marcel
    Marcel

greendawn: thats wrong. current doctrine is that annointed *may* be resurrected instantly and even *may* help guiding JW from heaven. its said that we dont know but its possible.

the door to heaven was not closed in 1935. it was a doctrine in the past once, but currently there is no similar doctrine i know of. nevertheless its not seen as "common" if people are suddenly annointed today. they are carefully watched but since jw dont know how god appoints they are "allowed" to partake. current doctrine is the annointed are "sealed" but if a annointed sins or leaves the organisation god may get a new one ;) its a kind of weired but thats what ive been told lately.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Aren't all of the living "faithful and discreet slave" just candidates, since none are sealed as individuals?

Isn't being a "faithful and discreet slave" all contingent on being faithful and discreet until the end of the test? Isn't the end of the test their death?

See, I'm thinking what's the deal if a candidate for "faithful and discreet slave" designation makes a decision that affects us all? Maybe a decision that affects us in some negative way, and then the candidate for "faithful and discreet slave" designation proved to be neither faithful nor discreet and left the organization? Was he used by Jehovah during the part of his life when he was faithful and discreet, and then rejected by Jehovah when he wasn't faithful and discreet anymore?

If so, how was the one who was not faithful and discreet by test different from the rest of us? Because I think we all are both faithful and discreet for some period of time. And what about the policies and rules the failed member set in place while he was a candidate for "faithful and discreet slave" status? Was his whole service record reviewed and backdated when he proved not to be faithful or discreet?

Aren't all of the "faithful and discreet slave" class aggregate, subservient . . . subordinate in capacity and function to the Governing Body? Is there even one modern Watch Tower Society example where the Governing Body was subordinate in capacity and function to one member of the "faithful and discreet slave" who wasn't employed by the Society? That's an important question since the Governing Body claims to be the "agent" for the "faithful and discreet slave" class aggregate when it says the Governing Body "represents" the "faithful and discreet slave" class.

My thesis has three parts. One: The leaders who claim to be "faithful and discreet" often are not either. Two: If leaders are not either "faithful or discreet", they can keep that a secret by the anonymity policy and continue to govern. Three: Based on past failed leaders needing to be replaced by younger leaders and bad decisions of current leaders such as the blood medical fraction policy and the United Nations registration issues, the "faithful and discreet slave" class idea is flawed and unreliable and not worthy of respect or consideration.

The whole idea of a "faithful and discreet slave" class as a reality by calculating types and anti-types is opinion. It is presented as fact when that "faithful and discreet slave" class tells my mother to shun me. Opinion stated as fact is the definition of dogmatism and the inability to see the difference between a claim and a fact harms people in real ways.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Marcel you are not quite correct you say

the door to heaven was not closed in 1935.

Well look at this WT then please

*** w99 2/1 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels ***

"No More Additions!"

At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. "No, no more additions!" he said. "That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away."

----

You see as late as 1970 the doctrine was that the door to heaven was closed by/in 1935 so why would this doctrine be any different today?

The WTS has given no new light on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit