Aaaah yes ... what a privilege to be a Pie-On-Air..

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Yes people, it's that time of year again! It's the time when all dubs are "encouraged" to Pioneer. In my neck of the woods, the streets are crawling with them, standing under the burning under the hot sun, trying to "make their hours" before heading off to work in the morning. I'm sure you all can just TASTE their brimming joy!!!

Maybe they should do some "personal study" and read the following in the Branch Organization Manual :

CHAPTER 17/ PAGE 111

2. THE PIONEER'S ROLE:

When someone is appointed as a regular pioneer, special pioneer or missionary, it does not put him in a higher position than one who is a congregation publisher. He should cooperate closely with the local body of elders and should also appreciate the importance of showing active concern for others in the congregation. He should be grateful that he can arrange his personal affairs to be in the full-time service*, but there is no reason for him to have a high-minded or superior attitude.

(If we are really to believe that crap, then why use the term "Pioneer Ranks"?)

(*what a joke!)

CHAPTER 17/ PAGE 113

27. INFIRM PIONEERS:

Pioneers who have been exemplary and have served for at least 15 full years and who are over 50 years of age, but who are unable to meet the hour requirement because of infirmity, and who desire to remain on the list, may be permitted to do so if they make such a request and the elders give them a good recommendation. Those placed on the infirm pioneer list should be encouraged to do as much as they can in field service, even though they may not be able to meet the requirement of hours. The infirm arrangement is not a provision for an individual to take care of his sick relatives, do added secular work, etc. Rather, it is an arrangement that enables one who is advanced in years and/or with infirmities who is no longer able to meet the hour requirement to continue as a pioneer.

Just imagine that someone has to work at this nonpaying, "pensionless" job with no benefits for 15 straight years before being allowed "permission" to fall beneath the hour requirement ... and remain on the Pioneer list!! It raises the question ...why would someone who's sick enough to even consider this dumb arrangement, bother to make the request since pioneers shouldn't consider themselves better than others. Wouldn't it be better to just "do as much as they can in field service" without the additional hassle? What if someone began pioneering at age 20, and falls ill at age 35? Also, how unloving it is to even specify that the "infirm arrangement" is not for catering to Christianlike responsibilities such as taking care of a sick relative (thus showing "active concern"), or doing added secular work that would allow someone to contribute more financially to the "preaching work"? Who do they think support the pioneers pioneers by taking on "extra secular work" ... certainly not the Governing Body!

• badboy
    badboy

So much for looking after one's kin,as i believe Jesus would like us to do.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Pioneers wear out the following:

1.shoes

2. cars

3.presentations

4.health

5.Tim Horton coffee machines

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

"standing under the burning under the hot sun"

So, are you in T&T? Greetings from PR! I've got no problems with the heat, per se. I just couldn't stomach having to wear a suit and tie in it.

Dave

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So they're on the same rank, huh?

Good to know. I wondered if downloading that whole manual was worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit