i don't know

by Jerry1 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerry1
    Jerry1

I never was a witness, never been inside a kingdom hall. I lurk sometimes in this forum because i have one in my family. I am going to try out a similar conversation on her and would like to know how any of you would have answered these questions thanks jerry

Hey, good morning, boy am I glad to see y’all come on in and have a seat. Can I get you some water or tea or anything ? am I glad to see you cause I’ve got some questions that I’ve been wondering about your religion and maybe you can help me. I was reading a Watchtower magazine that I ran across , lets see it’s March 15 1990 and there’s an article about a faithful slave being appointed with lots of dates and scriptures quoted and there was this question “

Who is the Head of God’s household, and to whom has this One delegated authority?” Now, best I can understand the head of God’s household is Jesus but let me just ask y ou about this.

Yes, get your Bible and I will teach you. Turn to Matthew chapter 24 verse 45. In my version it reads "

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time"?

OK, now I have read this many times in the past and always thought it referred to the second coming of Jesus. There are all kinds of dates in this article 1878 1884 1918 1944 what’s the deal? When did this appointment happen? Let me just ask some simple questions right from the top. Who is the Master?

Jesus

And before we get to the appointment itself who is the slave?

Well they are the last members of the 144000 mentioned in Revelation chapter 7. That is the all of the New Testament Christians that ever were, see and they already were slaves of Jesus and Jehovah and they just got like a promotion to be in charge.

Last members? Put in charge? Who exactly was put in charge?

Well you know the Bible talks about a remnant.

OK lets come back to the who question and go to the how question. I read about the Mormon leader who says he was put in charge by means of a vision. He says he saw God up about tree top level and God just said he was putting junior in charge, so how did it happen with this remnant.

How?

Right, Jesus is up in heaven right? How exactly did he communicate? was it in a vision, a dream, a booming voice, still small voice , hand writing on wall, donkey talking, warm fuzzy feeling as he/she/they ( we’re coming back to this remember) read Matthew 24?

How did it happen uumm I don’t know .

OK where did happen? New York, Pittsburg, where was this remnant when the appointment was made?

I don’t know.

OK when did it happen

1918 !! I got one !!

We’re talking about the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ , the blessed hope of ever Bible believer for two thousand years, the most monumental thing we can imagine so it must have been quite a celebration marked by lots of noise. Can you be specific, what month and day was it?

I don’t know.

OK lets go back to the who question. I need a name. Who was the person that received the appointment to be in charge?

I don’t know.

Who would know? Who can we ask?

The elders, I will get back to you.

OK lets review what we don’t know. We don’t know how it happened, when it happened , where it happened , who it happened to. Can I get your phone number so I can call to see what you find out?

• unique1
    unique1

Should be interesting.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome to the "do not call list".

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow
    I will get back to you

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to do that

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Just remember that jw are taught to fear logic even more than they fear their callous god.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

to quote a friend of mine "it sounds crazy because it IS crazy." You won't have a lot of success using logic on illogical people - although you might get lucky and talk with someone who wants to be logical and needs someone else to reframe the belief for him/her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit