Please keep Enterprise Ala in your prayers

by oppgirl63 5 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I work about 15 minutes from Enterprise, Ala. I had taken my JW roommate to the Greyhound station in Dothan so she could go home for a week (she has epilepsy and can't drive). When I was coming back through Enterprise, I stopped to eat lunch and the tornado crossed the highway about a quarter mile from me. I was about to leave and walked outside and looked up and you could see it coming. I ran back inside and everyone got in the hallway going to the restrooms. I keep hearing at least 5 - 8 students were killed at Enterprise High School. It's a sad day in Lower Alabama.

• Undecided
    Undecided

This loving God that many people talk about designed the weather this way but it's your fault if you happen to be where it happens.

It must be terrible to expierence this and I feel sorry for the people who lost loved ones, but since God controlls the weather I just blame him. Well maybe there were bad people living there like me and he got his revenge.

Ken P.

• karnage
    karnage

I am glad that you and the others that were with you where you were eating are okay. That was some pretty quick thinking on your part. It wasn't that long ago that we had a rush of tornados rip and tear through my area here in Central Florida (about 30 miles north of my location). My thoughts are certainly with those who are from the area that have been hit and are devastated.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

• quixote
    quixote

(((oppgirl63)))

Glad you and the others with you made it through the twister o.k. It's a sad day in the rest of the Nation as well. My heart weeps for those students.

Quixote

• Robdar
    Robdar

I am glad that you are safe, Oppgirl.

Alabama is my home state. Tornadoes are nothing new and it appears that this season my be particularly severe.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

It breaks my heart when children die...and between that tornado and the bus full of baseball players that ran off the overpass in Atlanta...it is a very very sad day.

Screw the Anna Nicole Smith funeral...god almighty let the woman rest in peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit