Jourles asked "New Light Guesses on the UN...

by Thirdson 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Here is a glimpse of the future. This is the 2009 edition of "Revelation, the big Finale real soon" published by the WTB&TS (a NGO and UN DPI)

Page 195
    Revelation 13:14,15

30 The outworking of history identifies this image as the World Trade Organization promoted mainly by the world’s wealthiest Nation the United States of America and her ally Great Britain. Later in Revelation chapter 17, it will appear under a different a different symbol, that of a living, breathing, scarlet-colored wild beast. This international body ‘speaks’ in that it makes boastful claims to be the only one able to bring lasting comfort and economic well being to mankind. But in reality it has become a forum for member nations to exchange verbal tirades and threaten import duties and tariffs. It has threatened with ostracism or a living death through economic sanction any nation that does not bow to its authority.

Page 247
    Revelation 17:8a

5 “The wild beast …was”. Yes, it existed before September 2001 but after the global economic recession that came about due to the death stroke subjected on its visible horns (the World Trade Center) it could be said that the WTO descended to the abyss. Having failed to keep world trade viable and free the world was plunged into economic recession and growth was virtually non-existent. By 2002 it had become a has been. Neither before this nor at some later date—but right at the critical time—did Jehovah interpret to his people the full depth of meaning of the vision! At the Joyful Volunteers (with UN affiliation) Assembly in 2004 President Adams could declare, in line with the prophecy, that the wild beast…is not. He then asked the question, “Will the WTO remain in the pit?” Quoting Revelation 17:8, he answered: “The association of worldly nations will rise again.” That is just how it proved to be—in vindication of Jehovah’s prophetic word!

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• comment
    comment

If they decide to resign their NGO status now, bet on a weasel-worded explanation with lots of phrases in the passive tense to avoid ascribing responsibility, plus some hypocritical overkill to make it sound as if they were the very model of purity all along.

I've drafted an imaginary Watchtower paragraph to show how they might wriggle out of it after resigning:

"Consider this fine example. At one point, the Society was listed as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) by the United Nations. Evidently our worldwide Bible educational work and peaceful way of life drew favorable attention. For a time, this appeared to have some benefits in terms of accessing various information resources and 'defending and legally establishing...the good news' in lands where our brothers faced persecution. (Philippians 1:6) However, the current criteria for a United Nations NGO would violate our Bible-based stance of Christian neutrality. Determined to avoid even the slightest hint of taint from Satan's political system, responsible brothers took swift, decisive action to ensure the United Nations would remove the Society from its list. Are you personally committed to keeping yourself 'without spot from the world'? (James 1:27) Each of us must analyze his motives and heart condition in this vital area."

comment

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Two excellent posts!! I love the 'death stroke to the horn' bit.

It would be even funnier if it weren't so likely to happen

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• Jourles
    Jourles

Well, since this thread was started in my honor, I might as well bring my idea into this too.

The "new-light" that we will see, imo, will most likely be directed towards a dead man. If the Society realizes that they cannot provide legitimate spin control on this matter, all they have to do is point a finger. In this case, Brother Lloyd Barry, deceased, and formerly of the Governing Body, will now be exposed as being a former apostate in sheep's clothing. They did it before. What is to stop them from pointing a finger at a dead man when they can do it just as well to a living one(Ray Franz)? Except, Ray told the truth about the organization and was completely honest and forthright in his books. Lloyd is dead and would make a perfect scapegoat. I can see it now...The Society gives Lloyd Barry's widow a million dollars to keep her mouth shut and to not bring litigation against "God's Organization" for a slight mistake that her husband committed.

BUT, that is just one possibility out of many. Come on, let's hear what everyone else thinks will happen.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Personally, I think it will be a LONG time before we hear the Society fess up, if ever. One of the Society's favorite tactics against such issues is to 'keep quiet long enough', hoping it will go away. They did just that after 1975, but eventually had to make a half-baked apology in 1979, after thousands of Witnesses had left.

I predict that the Society will publish an article, make an apology, or resign as an NGO, but ONLY if it causes serious dissention in the ranks similar to the 1975 fiasco.

Remember, the Society is motivated by two main things: membership statistics and profits. The only time they take action/revise 'old light' is when one of those two motives is threatened.

• Jourles
    Jourles

NotBlind,

Something that you must also put into this mix is the internet. The web was not available back in and after 1975. Nowadays, most witnesses that I know have web access with email. This information will spread much quicker than anything related to 1975. My guess is that at LEAST one elder in each hall within two months will have heard of the UN/NGO/WTBTS issue. I do not believe that the WT will be able to ignore this matter.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Jourles,

The point you make about the internet speeding up knowledge of this issue is a good one. However, I tend to feel that this is offset (at least to some degree) by the fact that Witnesses are not exposed to the UN/NGO issue like they were to the 1975 issue. Each and every Witness had 1975 put before them by the Society; Witnesses will most likely hear about the UN issue only from 'apostate' sources. Therefore, the Society will deny/downplay/rationalize the NGO's existence. The result? Since most Witnesses listen to the 'Society' and not to 'apostates', it seems that it could take a while for this issue to have an effect on the organization en masse.

I believe you are right when you say that nearly every congregation will be exposed to this issue within a few months. However, we all know that the WT is GREAT at rationalizing their way out of trouble, at least in the short term.

In short, I'm just speculating. I'm curious to see what time will bring. Either one of us could be right. Personally, I hope YOU are RIGHT and I am WRONG.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit