Dog Dazer

by Blueblades 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

From Stoops Manufacturing Company, distributors of Service Supplies.This genuine Dazer TM uses discomforting, but not harmful, high frequency ultrasonic sound to deter unfriendly dogs. The sound is inaudible to humans. Used by Policemen, Highway Patrol Officers, Animal Control Officers, Ministers, and others as a means of self protection from dog bite. Most effective within 15 feet. $26.95.

What I found interesting about this ad is that they claim that "MINISTERS" use this device. In the 33 years of field service I have never seen anyone out in service use this device to ward off unfriendly dogs. We use to put our book bag in front of us or back off the property quickly.

Have you ever used such a device out in service? Have you ever seen a Minister use one. How about Bethelites, pioneers, C.O's. etc.

Stoops has been selling field service supplies to the witnessses for years.

Blueblades

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I've seen it used multiple times. Our PO ALWAYS used one and several of the pioneers did too, once he set the example and made it "acceptable." It always made me nervous because if I saw someone uninvited on my property using something like that on MY dog, I'd be furious!

• juni
    juni

I don't know when these devices came out, but I had one for a dog who would not stop barking as a training device for that purpose and other unwanted behavior. Didn't work by the way for him.

You must use the thing as a TRAINING device. And you must not be close to the animal when using it. There's a certain distance required to prevent damage to their ears.

I had never seen it used in field service. I would always feed my leather bookbag to the mouth and back up and get out. Usually the owner would hear the commotion and come out. Must have been angelic intervention.

I would not trust this means to stop a dog attack under any circumstances!!!!!! I know that postmen/women who have a walking route carry pepper spray or they build a rapport w/the dogs on their route w/treats. That seems to be the best way w/most dogs - bribery.

Juni

• mama1119
    mama1119
    It always made me nervous because if I saw someone uninvited on my property using something like that on MY dog, I'd be furious!

I agree. It inappropriate to use on someone elses property where you are uninvited and that dog is protecting his territory. I do think it has its place, however. For example, taking a walk in your neighborhood and a dog comes out of its yard to attack, or if a dog comes off its leash in a park or something. But I would be pissed if they used it on my dog in my yard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit